GBA on a NDS?

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by theOtherGuy, Apr 12, 2007.

Apr 12, 2007

GBA on a NDS? by theOtherGuy at 3:33 AM (897 Views / 0 Likes) 6 replies

1. theOtherGuy
    OP

Newcomer theOtherGuy Member

United States
    Ok, so I'm completely new to this whole Nintendo DS and Flashcarts thing. I just purchased a DS Lite last week with an R4. I know how to get games to work, and what not. But, how do you play GBA games on a Nintendo DS? Would you need a separate Flashcart for the GBA slot (Slot-2 I believe...)? I know there are problem links to posts describing the same questions I have. Whoever reads this doesn't have to explain it to me, pointing me in the right direction is great help nonetheless. Thanks.

I guess, the main reason why I want to play GBA games...I'm playing Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow first...and I sort of wanted to play Aria of Sorrow too...yeah, it's probably just a phase.

2. dbgtdob

Member dbgtdob GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    yes R4 does not support gba games, but the other flash carts do the most popular brands and most avaiable for the DSL are M3,G6,EZ Flash and Supercard although the best is M3 and G6 but they are also the most expensive, and Supercard has slow downs on GBA games, and EZ flash is decent.

3. 4saken

Member 4saken Retired Ace Attorney

Australia
    EZ is probably the best at GBA

4. theOtherGuy
    OP

Newcomer theOtherGuy Member

United States
    So long story short, I can play GBA games on Slot 1 with the correct Flashcart?

5. sipoon

Member sipoon GBAtemp Regular

New Zealand
    no sir, no slot 1 flash card can play GBA

6. dbgtdob

Member dbgtdob GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    if you are strapped for cash get a ez flash V gba expansion pak its a cheap add on that can hold 1 gba game at time, but if you have the cash buy a slot 2 flash cart that supports gba and just hit on the load gba slot flash cart button on your R4, its the one on the very right.

7. Veho

Global Moderator Veho The man who cried "Ni".

Croatia
    Yes, either get the EZF5 3-in-1 expansion to use with your R4 (it's the cheapest solution), or buy the EZ Flash 4 (less cheap, but still cheap).