Hardware GBA movieplayer.

PURPLEMUSTANG

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
How is the movie viewing on the GBA?
is it choppy or of low resolution?
Also I have heard they can be used to play roms but the games run slower.
Is this device of any use?
Can movies be played on the GBA with good quality?

khan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Pakistan
How is the movie viewing on the GBA?
is it choppy or of low resolution?
Well the movie can be converted at full GBA resolution which is 240 * 160, it does has its flaws i.e. framerate is not all that well but good enough to watch.

QUOTE said:
Also I have heard they can be used to play roms but the games run slower.
Is this device of any use?
At the moment movie player only allows NES games to be played and that is with limited size.

Can movies be played on the GBA with good quality?
There r several sites from where you can download movies (if need sites plz pm me), also if you do fast compression for movie it will come out with very good quality but size will be worrying so wat i would recommend you is download off websites coz i donot know wat settings they convert on but almost 90% movies found are below 256MB.

If you want to play gba roms and have multimedia featurs then i would recommend you Supercard which also requires CFC.

Hope that helps

kennyk

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a few questions to ask too, if anyone can answer them:
unsure.gif

What about the Normal Quality setting? Is that setting okay to watch movies on?
Is a 1gb Kingston a good brand? Do I really need a 2gb?
I hear that it can play demos that are smaller than 256kb. Is this true?
Is this better than the playyan? It seem to have more functions, and a nicer menu.
Does it stick out too far on a NDS?
nds.gif

Thanks for any help.
grog.gif

khan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Pakistan
What about the Normal Quality setting?

Well depends on the input video quality i mean if u have a dvd-quality movie then normal quality compression will look very good. another advantage of normal is the small file size.

Is that setting okay to watch movies on?

Yes it's good enough to watch on normal but best quality settings is better

Is a 1gb Kingston a good brand? Do I really need a 2gb?

thats the brand of my 1g cfc as well and works like a charm so dont worry about the brand. as far as going up to 2G i m not sure coz u can keep 2 full movies if not more now converted from best settings.

I hear that it can play demos that are smaller than 256kb. Is this true?

Yes now that is true.

Is this better than the playyan? It seem to have more functions, and a nicer menu.

I have heard that play-yan is better why? coz u dont have to convert movies to watch, well as far functions go i dont know exactly wat play-yan offer but here r the things u can do on movie player.

Movie, Music, E-book, NES(256kb), GBA(256kb)

as far as the menus go wid movie player dont worry coz some1 has hacked the menu and now it is POSSIBLE to put ur own made menu.

another thing u have got to look is the price difference, i think movie player costs like x2 less.

Does it stick out too far on a NDS?
nds.gif

It does not stick out too much but wat can u do when u get it for 13pounds.

hope that helps

khan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Pakistan
I used to have a GBA movie player and I enjoyed it. But then I got my SuperCard and it's even better
biggrin.gif

Well i got both movie player and supercard
laugh.gif

supercard can not go beyond e13 update and for movie player u can now go up to update e18. i like supercard as well since it has movie/music etc.. along wid gba files to play but i m using movie player to watch newly converted movies on crystal engine.

Asha Kai

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
can u use the movie player sofware with normal flash carts?
and whats the best way to watch movie just using a f2aultra cart?
is there some reason the supercard and movie player both use cf cards?

khan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Pakistan
QUOTE said:
whats the best way to watch movie just using a f2aultra cart?

Meteo is the best for flash carts but sadly only few mins of video can be stored on a 256Mbit cart
frown.gif

QUOTEis there some reason the supercard and movie player both use cf cards?

Movie player came out first and a guy called romman copied e13 ver of movie player firmware and included into his supercard, thats all i know, and plus supercard has 256Mbits of RAM, when u choose a game from cfc it gets loaded onto it's 256Mbits and play fro there.

hobotent

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i got a movieplayer, and its great!! the only bad thing is that good quality takes up a looot of room. i have a 512 megabyte cf card, and anyone that wants to buy this, i recomend at LEAST 256 megabytes cf card, unless ur not gonna use it for movies...

falcon64z8

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I love using my gbamp, I mainly use it to listen to music and watch muisc videos. It a good device for its price, but I just wish it can play bigger games. I probably gonna get a supercard or a EFZA later.

khan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Pakistan
check out this web

http://gbatmw.proboards44.com/

after u register go to the download section there u will find 5 viewtiful joe eps which i have uploaded on to that site so get them.

by 8 in the morning here in uk u can expect street fighters II animated movie, i m uploading it now and it's 90% done.(it is 6:57 now)

both viewtiful joe eps and street fighters movie is converted by me so if u need any tips just me?

btw street fighters II animted movie is synced so u dont have to worry about pressing R/L to sync the audio wid video.

khan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Pakistan
What about the High Compression Mode?  Would that be useful for animated movies?

sorry about the double post, y not use? software ver 1.5 crystal engine which produces contents at very good quality and at the same time file sizes r way down.

hope that helps

Edited--

K, Street fighters II animated movie is up for any1 to download under download section on http://gbatmw.proboards44.com/

Reksio

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Can somebody give me links to sites with software ? I want to buy Super Card MiniSD, i heard it can play movies too, what software i need to play movies on SC miniSD ? Please help :/

wohoo

Trophies
XP
Country
i'd say.... the quality is okey, you just need to choose the highers settings to make it more fun to watch. the framerate is horrible... it's f***ing 10(!) but as long as you're watching... like simpsons it's okey but if you're watching a music video, you're going to see that the instruments isn't even half as good as they shuld be. i compared this to a computer and a Ipod video, and this realy sucks, can a crappy ipod watch movies at good framerates, then a GBA/DS shuld be able to have a good framefate too ;D

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: