WildWon

EXTERMINATE!
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So i know they're a pain in the ass to come across, but in the near future i'm looking to pick up a GBA Micro and a flash cart for it.

I've done TONS of research on NDS carts (Slot 1 style) but i know almost NOTHING about slot 2 devices, aside from the 3-in-1 (which is REALLY badass for a slot-1 addon!).

I'm looking for cheap, and the ability to hold at LEAST 10 GBA games on there.

Reason being is because i want to keep the micro in my bag at all times with a few classic games on it for those random waiting moments. Its smaller than the DS and i can keep it on me almost all the time.

So i'm not looking for amazing compatibility, great features or anything like that. It can be built in memory, SD memory, whatever.

I want a very cheap alternative
smile.gif

Thanks guys!

Jack-Of-Trades

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Best/Cheapest SD compatible flash cart would be EZ-Flash IV From Deal extreme $30.90

only card i can recommend

and thats your only alternative for storing 10 games (depending on size) unless you go with an expensive G6

WildWon

EXTERMINATE!
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Jack-Of-Trades said:
Best/Cheapest SD compatible flash cart would be EZ-Flash IV From Deal extreme $30.90

only card i can recommend

and thats your only alternative for storing 10 games (depending on size) unless you go with an expensive G6

Fantastic! Thanks!
I checked info on their site, but it just says "SD"... is that a microSD cart? Or is it mini/regular sized? (i checked both DX and the EZ official site, and could find no info.

Thanks
smile.gif

Blauhasenpopo

GBATemp's Funeral Director
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany

Minox

Thanks for the fish
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
If it's the GBA-cart sized EZ Flash IV then it uses miniSD (you could use a microSD with an adapter though)

Pyrofyr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow, I've never actually seen any of these, I need to look into them. GBA Micro were never popular around my area either.

If you're buying online, I've bought most of my things through DealExtreme ( http://www.dealextreme.com/products.dx/category.605 ).
The reason mostly being that you don't have to pay shipping (Can save 10~20bucks off the price) and they're prices are already quite low (Got my first R4 for 60bucks w/2GB SanDisk microSD)

NEVER EVER EVER buy ANYTHING from realhotstuff, they overprice beyond hell. Generally they probably add 20~40 bucks to EVERYTHING on the site as far as prices go.

xerces

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pyrofyr said:
Wow, I've never actually seen any of these, I need to look into them. GBA Micro were never popular around my area either.

If you're buying online, I've bought most of my things through DealExtreme ( http://www.dealextreme.com/products.dx/category.605 ).
The reason mostly being that you don't have to pay shipping (Can save 10~20bucks off the price) and they're prices are already quite low (Got my first R4 for 60bucks w/2GB SanDisk microSD)

NEVER EVER EVER buy ANYTHING from realhotstuff, they overprice beyond hell. Generally they probably add 20~40 bucks to EVERYTHING on the site as far as prices go.
Dealextreme is great. I just recieved my SC SD from them.

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
RHS isn't really all that expensive (prices usually compare to most other shops), it's just that DealExtreme is extremely cheap compared to all the other online stores. Now SD/miniSD/microSD memory I'll admit is very overpriced at RHS, but the cards themselves are usually comparable to most other stores. Plus you get the best customer support out there and fast shipping, usually within 3 days of your order.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Wish I could use that for video editing lol