GBA Micro + Flash Card

Discussion in 'GBA - Hardware, Devices and Utilities' started by WildWon, May 21, 2008.

May 21, 2008

GBA Micro + Flash Card by WildWon at 4:35 PM (1,896 Views / 0 Likes) 8 replies

1. WildWon
    OP

Former Staff WildWon EXTERMINATE!

United States
    So i know they're a pain in the ass to come across, but in the near future i'm looking to pick up a GBA Micro and a flash cart for it.

I've done TONS of research on NDS carts (Slot 1 style) but i know almost NOTHING about slot 2 devices, aside from the 3-in-1 (which is REALLY badass for a slot-1 addon!).

I'm looking for cheap, and the ability to hold at LEAST 10 GBA games on there.

Reason being is because i want to keep the micro in my bag at all times with a few classic games on it for those random waiting moments. Its smaller than the DS and i can keep it on me almost all the time.

So i'm not looking for amazing compatibility, great features or anything like that. It can be built in memory, SD memory, whatever.

I want a very cheap alternative [​IMG]

Thanks guys!

2. Jack-Of-Trades

Member Jack-Of-Trades GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Best/Cheapest SD compatible flash cart would be EZ-Flash IV From Deal extreme $30.90

only card i can recommend

and thats your only alternative for storing 10 games (depending on size) unless you go with an expensive G6

3. WildWon
    OP

Former Staff WildWon EXTERMINATE!

United States
    Fantastic! Thanks!
    I checked info on their site, but it just says "SD"... is that a microSD cart? Or is it mini/regular sized? (i checked both DX and the EZ official site, and could find no info.

Thanks [​IMG]

4. Freezer6

Member Freezer6 GBAtemp Regular

Germany
  5. Minox

Supervisor Minox Spytech Employee

Sweden
    If it's the GBA-cart sized EZ Flash IV then it uses miniSD (you could use a microSD with an adapter though)

6. Jack-Of-Trades

Member Jack-Of-Trades GBAtemp Fan

United States
    72 is far from cheap and if he wants to spend a lot on shipping then he should get the ez4 lite deluxe and preform a case mod on it

7. Pyrofyr

Member Pyrofyr GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    Wow, I've never actually seen any of these, I need to look into them. GBA Micro were never popular around my area either.

If you're buying online, I've bought most of my things through DealExtreme ( http://www.dealextreme.com/products.dx/category.605 ).
    The reason mostly being that you don't have to pay shipping (Can save 10~20bucks off the price) and they're prices are already quite low (Got my first R4 for 60bucks w/2GB SanDisk microSD)

NEVER EVER EVER buy ANYTHING from realhotstuff, they overprice beyond hell. Generally they probably add 20~40 bucks to EVERYTHING on the site as far as prices go.

8. xerces

Member xerces GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Dealextreme is great. I just recieved my SC SD from them.

9. DanTheManMS

Member DanTheManMS aka Ricochet Otter

United States
    RHS isn't really all that expensive (prices usually compare to most other shops), it's just that DealExtreme is extremely cheap compared to all the other online stores. Now SD/miniSD/microSD memory I'll admit is very overpriced at RHS, but the cards themselves are usually comparable to most other stores. Plus you get the best customer support out there and fast shipping, usually within 3 days of your order.