[GBA] looking a for a game name I forgot =/

Discussion in 'GBA - Console and Game Discussions, Help and Tips' started by choupette, Feb 23, 2016.

1. choupette
    OP

choupette Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Aug 21, 2006
    France
    France
    Hi,

I'm looking at the people old enough to be able to remember a gba game name ^^'.

so it's a japanese game, I remember I played the japanese version, and I'm not sure there is a us or eur version, but if there is, it must have come a long time after.

this game is about a tiny robot who is supposed to destroy things in a stage to finish the level, there are no automatic vertical or horizontal scrolling (though if the level is bigger than one screen, of course, it scrolls to wherever you go)

you can choose from any level you want, you can choose your weapons. the game shows an insane amount of things on screen, for example, the player can throw some sort of special attack in which there are homing missiles coming out of your robot. so much missiles, it's insane.

Well, if anybody can see what I'm talking about (and remembers the name) I'd appreciate it ;p

2. daxtsu

daxtsu GBAtemp Guru

Jun 9, 2007
    Is it Screw Breaker - Goushin Dorirurero perhaps?

3. choupette
    OP

Newcomer
    Aug 21, 2006
    France
    France
    I checked "Screw Breaker - Goushin Dorirurero" on google image, and no, that's not it. thanks for trying

4. Clydefrosch

Clydefrosch GBAtemp Psycho!

Jan 2, 2009
    Gambia, The
    is it bangai-o?

5. choupette
    OP

Newcomer
    Aug 21, 2006
    France
    France
    THAT'S IT. And that would explain (the game being an NDS game) how I couldn't find this game even after browsing the whole japanese gba game list.

thank you, I feel lighter thanks to you.

6. TanookiSuit

TanookiSuit Game Reviewer/Writer -- formerly Vampire Hunter D

Nov 11, 2004
    United States
    Louisville, KY
    Kind of wish you hadn't listed it as GBA as Bangaioh would have been my instant guess with the many missiles and little guy on screen as I can't think of another around the general time that fits. I own the N64 one, had it on DC years ago too, but never did the DS title.

7. choupette
    OP

Newcomer
    Aug 21, 2006
    France
    France
    ^^'
    I, too, wished I didn't remember it as a gba game, I would have find it easier ;p