Hacking GBA loader question

HackNeyed

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Well, Cory's gbaldr writes the rom to NOR which is slow to do but stays with the power off and can act as a stand alone cart. Just don't change the rom with another program (or maybe even a different/clean install of the same program) or you will get a miss named save file... It's easily fixed with a simple file rename unless it miss saved OVER another save you cared about. Thankfully however the program lets you manually backup or load to and from save files on your slot-1 card... DIDL patches of course. Saves are saved with the same file name as the GBA file.

Rudolph's tool mostly does what Cory's does though I'm less clear on backing up saves to and from files though I know it can be done to an extent but I haven't tested it as fully. Rudolph's tool also lets you load the game 16megs and under into PSRAM which requires a litte power to store data and will be cleared when you power off. Games run from PSRAM use the file name of the GBA file for the save file but games run from NOR use the internal GBA rom name. Also from what I've seen it stores a save for PSRAM and a seperate save for NOR to allow them to co-exist.

EDIT, Don't forget to save patch the games that need it, Either run then all through the Ez4Client to save patch and trim or check them one by one with GBATA, drag and drop a rom and if the save "patch" is gray then there is no need and if you want, drag and drop and trim each rom.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/K-Gqyv0gkHc?si=nGlIcg7Lr7OPfc4a