hdofu

Trophies
Website
www.wikitsune.com
XP
Country
United States
Rayder said:
I agree that it was dumb of Ninty to remove the GBA port from the DSi. Not only because of GBA games, but because they effectively killed any accessory support for that port. You know, the guitar grip for Guitar Hero and things like the rumble pack. I CAN understand dumping GBA support simply because they don't produce GBA games anymore, so it's not really profitable to continue supporting it, but still, if I was the company that made Guitar Hero, I'd be a little pissed at Ninty for that stunt.

they didn't remove it to kill backwards compatibility, not entirely anyhow, they removed it in an effort to cut piracy

DSGamer64

Canadian, Eh?
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I still have an original Gameboy, but lost the few games I had (my poor l33t Dragon Warrior Monsters team that I spent hours on
frown.gif
) as well as my GBA SP

Artheido

Trophies
Website
artheido.wordpress.com
XP
Country
It's obvious that people don't like the removal of the GBA slot on the DSi because they can't use their expansion pack to play GBA ROMs on the go
yaynds.gif

I for one do not care about me not being able to transfer Pokemon, play Guitar Hero, use a paddle stick etc. they weren't that great to begin with.

UltraMagnus

hic sunt dracones
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Cyburn2008 said:
The GBA although not sold in many stores along, still has some well-sought after games which make it a ideal thing to have especially if you have a DSi.

Most places in the UK sell them for £20-25 (for GBA SP) and as little as £10 (for GBA Original) preowned

QUOTE(nicky041192 @ May 20 2009, 08:31 PM) theres non in shops. only shops that buy pre-owned. such as gamstation. around £30 i believe.

actually, I bought one yesterday in gamestation, they are selling the second hand ones they have for £8, some of the units they had were pretty beat up however.

JDandy

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Rayder said:
I agree that it was dumb of Ninty to remove the GBA port from the DSi. Not only because of GBA games, but because they effectively killed any accessory support for that port. You know, the guitar grip for Guitar Hero and things like the rumble pack. I CAN understand dumping GBA support simply because they don't produce GBA games anymore, so it's not really profitable to continue supporting it, but still, if I was the company that made Guitar Hero, I'd be a little pissed at Ninty for that stunt.

I actually own the same color GBA SP (with the better backlighting) as in that pic, as well as my black DSlite.

This was my first news post and I mainly used it as a test of the news posting script. How'd I do?

EDIT: They say at the source link that it was "emerging markets and parts of Asia" that are still selling GBA's.

You have a good point with the removal of the GBA port being a problem for accesories like the guitar grip, but honestly, the number of games that need an accesory are 0, and the number that uses an accesory is also tiny.

As for the games, and the official purchasing thereof. In my country, I have not seen a GBA game in stores that was not both a pokemon and inside a bargain bin.
All the good games went out of print ages ago; SRW OG1 and 2, Boktai, Golden Sun1 and 2, Drill Dozer etc.

So it's nice that people want/appreciate backwards compatibility, but when there's no fucking place to buy the games, you might as well just not put it in.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Pass