[GBA] is ~31,22 dollars a good price for a GBA SP (ags 101)?

• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 2,260
  • Replies 10
D

Deleted User

OP
i was looking through my country's equivalent of ebay and found a good condition GBA SP (ags-101) for 1200 pesos (~31,22 dollars), no charger or games included, is it worth picking up?

Attachments

• nintendo-game-boy-advance-sp-lea-descripcion-D_NQ_NP_797420-MLU32905442036_112019-F.png
    nintendo-game-boy-advance-sp-lea-descripcion-D_NQ_NP_797420-MLU32905442036_112019-F.png
    765.2 KB · Views: 616

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
are they likely to spread?
Depends what is causing them.

If it is just a dodgy connection between the ribbon and the connector then no and it might be fixed by opening it up, wiping off the connector and putting it back in. If it is an internal flaw with something inside the screen debonding then possibly.

As far as good price. We can probably go through the things you recently got thread and find half a hundred yard sales, swap meets, car boot sales, facebook group sales, clueless sellers and more besides selling them for next to nothing but if you are going to spare yourself the hassle of a search and buy straight from ebay that is a good price presently for a working one. What I might do for one with horizontal lines is a different matter (though I know I could fix it/replace the screen if needs be, and no have to worry too much about retrofitting brightness controls or whatever like you do on other models)

Reactions: Deleted-236924
D

Deleted User

OP
Depends what is causing them.

If it is just a dodgy connection between the ribbon and the connector then no and it might be fixed by opening it up, wiping off the connector and putting it back in. If it is an internal flaw with something inside the screen debonding then possibly.

As far as good price. We can probably go through the things you recently got thread and find half a hundred yard sales, swap meets, car boot sales, facebook group sales, clueless sellers and more besides selling them for next to nothing but if you are going to spare yourself the hassle of a search and buy straight from ebay that is a good price presently for a working one. What I might do for one with horizontal lines is a different matter (though I know I could fix it/replace the screen if needs be, and no have to worry too much about retrofitting brightness controls or whatever like you do on other models)
its not really ebay, its an ebay equivalent (mercado libre), im buying it to actually use, yard sales tend to be purely clothes where i live, all the others you mentioned dont happen or also tend to be merely clothes, as for what im planning on using it on, i just want to get an everdrive from actual ebay and play games, mainly pokemon

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
i was looking through my country's equivalent of ebay and found a good condition GBA SP (ags-101) for 1200 pesos (~31,22 dollars), no charger or games included, is it worth picking up?
Better hope those lines aren't an issue with the LCD itself requiring replacing the whole LCD, then you're basically back to square one...
Otherwise, that seems like a good price.
its not really ebay, its an ebay equivalent (mercado libre), im buying it to actually use, yard sales tend to be purely clothes where i live, all the others you mentioned dont happen or also tend to be merely clothes, as for what im planning on using it on, i just want to get an everdrive from actual ebay and play games, mainly pokemon
Get an EZFlash Omega instead and save yourself some money. ;)

Reactions: Deleted User
D

Deleted User

OP
Better hope those lines aren't an issue with the LCD itself requiring replacing the whole LCD, then you're basically back to square one...
Otherwise, that seems like a good price.

Get an EZFlash Omega instead and save yourself some money. ;)
an ez flash omega is >90 dollars after taxes if you buy it on actual ebay, and not available on mercado libre, i just bought tetris worlds and a pokemon emerald repro on real ebay, i may end up getting this one: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Supercard-...761636?hash=item2f1ced1224:g:XLUAAOSwa~JbLgKx and expect it to be >40 after taxes, if im lucky

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I didn't know they made an MSU cart for the Genesis.... I knew about the SNES one and the...