Hacking GBA icons/screenshots on g6/g6lite

pubjoe

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
My GBA game menu is full of those horrible "G6 flash" blue and white icons.

The only game I have that uses a proper game screenshot is Zelda - Minish Cap.

I have tried a few other games... Zelda 4 Swords, Warioware... and the U-disk loader does not assign them a nice icon.
frown.gif

The games I've used are goodset (or whatever the DS romlist is called) and I usually use the English/Pal/European verion.

I installed the big download U-disk full installation and have updated it once. It managed to find an icon for minish cap, how can I make it work for other games?

Is there a way to choose my own image as an icon for a game??? - This would be handy for emulators.

Thanks.

FFVII-2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
there is an .ico file if you look thru the G6 drive via windows explorer - X:\gba\ for each game. i assume thats it. but whenever i viewed it thru an icon viewer i dont get the game or g6 logo...

outphase

Custom title
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I gave up on that a while back and listed w/o title screens. Chinese names are no longer forced, so I can easily tell which game is which... then again the only two games i had forced into Chinese names were Fire Emblem and Castlevania... and I know the character for "fire"

ceraphis

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have an extremely good fix for this exact problem, however, it takes a lot of work and only functions as a terrible alternative to being able to create your own icons. I'll post a simple how-to guide along with the necessary files if the demand is high enough.

edit: I am writing a new post giving a little insight on to what I am talking about, since it is stupid to just say what i said and give no info onto what I mean.
smile.gif
Look for it as a new topic.

Also, now that I re-read the original post, I can't remember who gave me this idea so I'm sorry for not being able to give credit, but for emulators, the best thing to do is to like I did, use either a current NDS game or a current GBA game icon for the emulator, depending on what format the extension is. Also, unless you have hundreds of roms you want to EMULATE (GB/NES/SNES etc) make a separate gba or nds file for each rom and have a separate icon for each. You could use a metroid nds icon or gba icon for super metroid for example. Then, use G6 manager to "directly copy" the nds or gba file over to the G6. It should make the save file(s) for every rom you want. For NES GB GG and SMS it should be as simple as using the G6 manager on GBA mode and do it for you if you like. Then, replace the icon with a corresponding icon from another game. There's really no other, better way to do it right now.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: lol, Okies. Family graveyard is that way 👉