Hardware GBA Glass Lens Advice

Ben Ten's Dad

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi Folks,

Ok so am about to mod a few GBA's (just waiting on ribbons arriving) and would like some advice on glass lenses. I was originally opposed to doing this as I had heard varying reports on these (from screens arriving scratched to the lenses not lying flush). However, I think the clarity of the screen would probably be enhanced, slightly, by using a glass lens.

The advice I am looking for is how to attach these to the shell. When you order the plastic screen they have adhesive already on them, whereas the glass lenses don't. What is the preferred method to attach these? I was thinking of using double sided tape cut to size but not sure if this is the way to go. Also, a question for anyone who has fit these - do they lie flush on your shell or are they raised due to the shell bulge with the added adapter inside.

Advice appreciated!

Cheers

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I bought a GBA light kit that came with 2 lens one plastic one glass and it came with a shitload of double sided 3M tape that u used to adhear it to the shell the glass lens is depper sunk in the the outlining shell so it does not stick/bluge out at all

Hking0036

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I bought a glass lens off ebay with adhesive already on it, it was only about $6. Just pry the old one off either either fingernails or a flathead and try to clean up some of the gunk before you put the new one on.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gYzI76fwaM0