GBA GameShark V1.0

Discussion in 'GBA - Hardware, Devices and Utilities' started by Nusdogg, Aug 4, 2013.

1. Nusdogg
    OP

Nusdogg GBAtemp Fan

Feb 3, 2013
    United States
    St. Paul, MN
    How do you add code or get the codes to work??? I've added codes from the internet, and it doesn't work at all. There's like 4-5 extra zeros at the end of each code and you can't delete them?? Does this sound right? I'm trying to use it on Leaf Green, Fire Red, and Ruby.

Exact same one I have here:
    [​IMG]

I'm sure someone seen this before at least got to have one. Help me!!!

2. Darkipod

Darkipod SELL ME GBA FLASH CART

Sep 14, 2009
    United States
    Central FL USA
    That looks awful similar to the GBC GameShark I had, You sure its for GBA?

3. Nusdogg
    OP

Nusdogg GBAtemp Fan

Feb 3, 2013
    United States
    St. Paul, MN
    Yup, I'm pretty sure. I have the GBC one here as well, and this one pictured here is way shorter and GBA games fits like a glove.

4. Nusdogg
    OP

Nusdogg GBAtemp Fan

Feb 3, 2013
    United States
    St. Paul, MN
    [​IMG]

Except I don't have the cable nor disc.

5. Nusdogg
    OP

Nusdogg GBAtemp Fan

Feb 3, 2013
    United States
    St. Paul, MN
    So my question is, where can I get 8 digits gameshark codes when all I find is 12 digit codes online???? I guess this gameshark is old and doesn't use 12 digit like now adays.

6. KDH

KDH GBAtemp Regular

Apr 26, 2007
    United States
    Kansas
    You probably need to update it. If you can find the update data and the necessary software, then you can use any USB A-to-B (specifically full-size B) cable to send the data. It's been a long time since I've used or even seen my GBA gameshark, but I believe all updates that uses the twelve hex-digit code format refer to the device as an Action Replay instead of a GameShark. That is to say, the interface will be re-skinned to say action replay everywhere. Then again, it may only be possible to update the v2 GameShark to the AR branded firmware, so you might just be out of luck.

7. Nusdogg
    OP

Nusdogg GBAtemp Fan

Feb 3, 2013
    United States
    St. Paul, MN
    Thanks again. I'll see what I can do

8. soulrazor

soulrazor GBAtemp Regular

May 18, 2012
    Btw does your gameshark have a savestate feature named snapshot?

9. Nusdogg
    OP

Nusdogg GBAtemp Fan

Feb 3, 2013
    United States
    St. Paul, MN
    I have no clue. How do I find out?

10. chrisrlink

chrisrlink your friendly neighborhood serial killer

Aug 27, 2009
    United States
    Elm street
    Wasn't 2.0 call GSA looked similar to the newest rev except white and uses the old code format

11. sblur

sblur Member

Newcomer
    Aug 2, 2006
    There are two different GBA Gameshark devices.

One was made while the Gameshark Brand was owned by Interact, and was a re-branded version of Datel's Action Replay. This is what you have.
    The other, after the Gameshark brand was sold to Mad Catz, was a re-branded version of Xploder.

The Action Replay and Xploder brand cheat devices were previously exclusive to Europe, where they had always been re-branded as Gameshark and CodeBreaker in the US. After Datel ended their business relationship with Interact and started selling Action Replay in the US themselves, this is when Gameshark switched from being a re-branded Action Replay to being a re-branded Xploder.

The 12 digit codes you're finding are Xploder/Codebreaker/New Gameshark style codes. What you want are Action Replay 1.0 and 2.0 codes, which you can find here:
    http://bsfree.org/?s=22&d=8

It is possible to "upgrade" the Gameshark 1.0 into an Action Replay version 3, if you want to do that:
    http://akadewboy.awardspace.com/gbacheats/mirror.htm
    Upgrading the gameshark would allow you to use Action Replay v3 codes from CodeJunkies.com

Rydian likes this.
  12. soulrazor

soulrazor GBAtemp Regular

May 18, 2012
    if its like the one for gbc: while playing a game press the button on the gameshark it should open a menu, if it does see if kit has a option named snapshot. if it does select it and then select take snapshot. then turn off your gba turn it back on load your game past gameshark menu press the button again and on snapshot should be a load snapshot if it works your state should be loaded on your gba.

13. FAST6191

FAST6191 Techromancer

pip Reporter
    Nov 21, 2005
    It looks like you are all in the middle of a conversation leading to a good end.

However I do have to stick my head in to say CBAcrypt, ARcrypt (both available from http://doc.kodewerx.org/tools.html#gba and many other places), cheat conversion tools (start with GBACCC from http://crackerscrap.com -- click on projects) and more still exist.
    It might not do for some of the more advanced stuff but your basic "infinite health" type codes should do OK.

14. Nusdogg
    OP

Nusdogg GBAtemp Fan

Feb 3, 2013
    United States
    St. Paul, MN
    Thanks alot for info guys. Hopefully I can update it, but first, I need the USB link cable from the PC to the gameshark itself. I paid $56.00 for that damn thing too.

I tried some of the 8 digit codes from codejunkies.com and still no go. When there's like 8 master code for you to put in, do you have to put them all in your gameshark when adding new games???

15. Nusdogg
    OP

Nusdogg GBAtemp Fan

Feb 3, 2013
    United States
    St. Paul, MN
    My GBC gameshark never works when I press that button while still playing the game. The GBA one has that button too at the top, but it didn't do anything.

16. Nusdogg
    OP

Nusdogg GBAtemp Fan

Feb 3, 2013
    United States
    St. Paul, MN
    I'm trying to find 8 digits codes for Fire Red/Leaf Green with no luck. The old Gameshark doesn't even have those games listed and they uses 12 digits codes. Guess I'm out of luck til I can upgrade the Gameshark.

17. Darkipod

Darkipod SELL ME GBA FLASH CART

Sep 14, 2009
    United States
    Central FL USA
    I remember I always had to have my Book of codes for my gameshark when I had it.

18. Nusdogg
    OP

Nusdogg GBAtemp Fan

Feb 3, 2013
    United States
    St. Paul, MN
    Me too.

Its for sale though. Pm me for more info.