Hacking GBA games on an R4?

Dezz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I searched for this question but couldn't find any results. I've got an R4i Gold 3DS on the way from nds-card.com, but I'm wondering if I can play GBA games by simply throwing a GBA rom on the SD card in the R4i Gold or if I need a separate flashcart to put into slot2 on the DSLite. Thanks

Virdoo

Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
As far as I know, you can't. Only dstwo can emulate GBA games on that way. But you can still download some kind of GBA emulator for r4 and play GBA games, but emulator isn't very good.

Dezz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As far as I know, you can't. Only dstwo can emulate GBA games on that way. But you can still download some kind of GBA emulator for r4 and play GBA games, but emulator isn't very good.

Okay, thanks for the quick reply. I have another question, is there a way to enable the effects of a game in slot 2? For example, in Pokemon Platinum, having Pokemon gen 3 cards in slot 2 enables certain wild Pokemon to be found in Platinum.

Dezz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Isn't it automatically enabled? Unless your GBA game is fake, then you can't have that feature.

Oh I mean without the game and without a gba flashcart. In DeSmuME you can load a gba rom into slot 2. Is there a way to trick a gen 4 pokemon game on an R4 cart into thinking theres a gen 3 pokemon game in slot 2?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte