GBA games not loading on M3 Lite w/ 2GB Kingston?

Discussion in 'M3 Adapter' started by babelfish, Aug 7, 2007.

1. babelfish
    OP

babelfish Member

Newcomer
    Jul 20, 2006
    United States
    So I thought I would treat myself and upgrade my 1GB Sandisk to a 2GB Kingston (Japan), as I heard they were the best cards out at the moment. NDS games run much better now, which is to be expected. However, when I go to run a GBA game, the save loads, but the game stays on 00000KB loaded [​IMG]

The microSD card still has the factory FAT format, which I figure should not be a problem. Anyone have any ideas?

2. ZeWarrior

ZeWarrior TheWarrior

Jul 2, 2007
    Brazil
    Format it to Fat32 and re-write the games. Make sure it isn't patched or something.

3. babelfish
    OP

babelfish Member

Newcomer
    Jul 20, 2006
    United States
    Does it have to be formatted in FAT32? I'd prefer to keep the factory format, as I have read that formatting a card with a different filesystem / cluster size degrades the card's performance.

Also, the I put the games on via drag and drop, so no problems there.

4. babelfish
    OP

babelfish Member

Newcomer
    Jul 20, 2006
    United States
    Well, I bit the bullet, formatted the card as FAT32, and everything works again. Funny thing is I remember reading that the M3 has problems running GBA games on FAT formatted cards, but I guess I needed to read your post to jog my memory [​IMG]

Thanks for the reply.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice