Gaming GBA games fu*ks with me

jensa

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
ok, new at GBAtemp, so might be the wrong forum...

anyway i got my EZ flash 3-in-1 some days ago and wanned to try some GBA games.
when i got some, i SRAM patched them in "GBATA" then putted them in the \GBA folder and started Rudolphs 3-in-1 tools.
when i load the zleda minish cap rom is says that it cant load any game save (because i dont have any saves yet).
when the game starts it says "save file 1 is corrupt" > "save file 2 is corrupt" > "save file 3 is corrupt".
then when i try to create a file it says could not create savefile.
But it creates a save file anyway in the save folder (\GBA\SAVE)

but when i play other games that dont have save function (like password to each level instead) they works perfect...

i made a thread about this in the cycloDS forum (i have a cycloDS) but thy didnt know what the problem was...

cam anybody help me?!
cry.gif

Heres a movie of my problem..
*sorry for bad quality*
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sltbVHycSbo

/jensa
yaynds.gif

P

pasc

W-W-Wait.... the Gba Games DON'T work out of the box like they do for the M3CF for example ?

I thought loading them using Rudolphs Tool would be enough ?

Destructobot

Crave the Hammer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
GBA games that use EEPROM or Flash save types need to be patched to save to the SRAM on the 3-in-1.

Edit: The 3in1 Expansion Pack Tool does not SRAM patch the games, you need a seperate app like GBATA.

Destructobot

Crave the Hammer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Try a game that already uses an SRAM save type, like one of the Castlevania, Metroid or Final Fantasy games. You don't need to SRAM patch a game that already saves to SRAM, so if that doesn't work it's definitely a hardware problem.

jensa

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
ok, so i got the game Finalfantasy VI(6).
after i played for awhile i wanned to try save, the acual save button was gray and unclickable... but there was a "quicksave" button... i presed it, and it told me to press continue at the menu to start where i was, it didnt give me any error message like other games have...

anyway when i came to the menu there wasn't any "continue button" there so that didnt work..

so i tried the rom on my computer in a emulator... the save button was gray there to, but when i clicked "quick save" i came back to the menu and there was a continue button there!

so guess my EZ flash is fuc*ed up then?

if the FF games alreasy uses SRAM....

Law

rip ninjacat that zarcon made me
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
ok, so i got the game Finalfantasy VI(6).
after i played for awhile i wanned to try save, the acual save button was gray and unclickable... but there was a "quicksave" button... i presed it, and it told me to press continue at the menu to start where i was, it didnt give me any error message like other games have...

anyway when i came to the menu there wasn't any "continue button" there so that didnt work..

so i tried the rom on my computer in a emulator... the save button was gray there to, but when i clicked "quick save" i came back to the menu and there was a continue button there!

so guess my EZ flash is fuc*ed up then?

if the FF games alreasy uses SRAM....

Did you try using an actual save instead of the Quick Save? I think you can only use the Save button from the menu when you're at the world map (or at one of the save points, there's one in the cave before the first "boss" battle).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @ZeroT21, why