Hacking GBA Games Don't Show Up

Tailsicle

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Firstly, I'm an extreme newb. I've mastered getting NDS games running on my M3 DS real, but for some reason I can't get GBA games to work. I have the expansion pack. I've made the correct GBA folder, put the games (I've tried Final Fantasy Tactics Advanced and Dawn of Souls) into the folder and have then open the GBA folder/section thingy on the menu. The games simply aren't listed. If I browse through the folder that lets me look at everything I have they are listed - so they are there.

Is there something I'm not doing that I should be? Some crucial step I haven't taken?

Thank you in advance!
smile.gif

Toni Plutonij

*has TrolleyDave & tiny p1ngy on moderating shelf!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
The GBA games you want to use with M3 Real MUST be clean dumps..not patched versions, or somehow modified..Just use the clean ROM, and place it in folder named GBA on the root of microSD..So, try that..

I've played both of those game on my NDS Lite with the Real, so ther should be no problems..

Jack-Of-Trades

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A clean rom is a rom that has no modification's to it such as patch's

GBA Games

With the use of the GBA Expansion pack the M3 Real can also play GBA games directly from its menu, unlike any other setup of this type the M3 Real does not need the games to be patched before copying them to the card. Simply drag the games onto your MicroSD card (preferably in a folder called "GBA").

The M3 Real has three options you can choose from when loading a GBA game:

- Cheat Switch
This enables or disables cheats for the game, you can allocate a cheat file by choosing "Select File..." and browsing to the cheat file for that game.

- RTSave Switch
This allows you to turn on or off the Real Time Save feature, when turned on you can press "L+R+A+B" while in-game and save your progress whenever you want, you can use the same key-combo to return to exactly where you saved, this is particularly useful for those games which use save points (so you cannot save whenever you want) or games which only use passwords.

Not all games work with RTS, some may just not work when you try the key-combo, others may suffer noises or graphical glitches when you load the save. Most games will work, but there will be a few games which won't.

- Method
This is how the M3 loads the game, there are two loading methods:
- Patch, providing you have enabled them this will load the game with the necessary patches to use cheats and RTS, it will also apply any other patches the game may require to run.
- Fast Load, this I assume is meant to load the GBA game faster (and maybe without applying any patches?) but in my experience it doesn't seem to make any difference if this is selected, so for now at least just ignore it.

GBA games can also be loaded from the M3 Real menu when you have any of the Slot2 M3 Perfect range inserted in slot 2, I have tested this with my M3CF and it has also been confirmed to work with the M3 MiniSD, RTS seems to not work or be much more limited when using these to play GBA games.

Tailsicle

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for all the info...but...sigh. I'm such a newb that I'm sitting here looking at all this and I'm still not sure exactly why I need to do to get this to work. Ah! Maybe I am just brain dead today, need to sleep it off, and look again.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: *teleports behind you* "Nothing personnel, kiddo" +1