GBA game save and load problem with M3 Lite/Passcard combo

Discussion in 'NDS - ROM Hacking and Translations' started by mikej3131, Apr 15, 2008.

1. mikej3131
    OP

Newcomer mikej3131 Advanced Member

United States
    I was told to post this issue in this forum instead of the GBA one. so here goes...

Ok i have the M3 Lite Passcard combo. My ds games run perfectly fine.

The problem im having is my GBA games always screw up after i save a game (for example, if i try to load the save, i get a blacnk screen or it loads but the game freezes within a second and is unplayable.) They work fine the first time i play the gba games, but after i save them, they fail to load most of the time.

Can any1 help me out? i have the most recent game manager and firmware(updagcsd.e35). Is this problem fixable? And if not, are there other GBA emulators other than the default that comes with the M3 lite and passcard combo, that i can place on my memory card?

2. mikej3131
    OP

Newcomer mikej3131 Advanced Member

United States
    Anyone?

Here is some more info that i just looked at on my NDS.

I always use real time save after im done with a game(A+B+L+R), so i dont use my backup autosave but it always autosaves anyway. Now, when i turn my nds off , turn back on, Now its saying "Warning! GBA Save game already exists on this card, but autosave cannot be found. Backup failed. Press A to continue"...what is that about??

i just looked at the autosave option in the settings menu. and its turned on.

When i go to my game that isnt loading properly and i hit select to bring up the menu of the game it says

"GAMESAVE" BACKUP MENU

Backup game save data of game
    Crash Bandicoot 2.gba
    into save file
    American Bass Challenge Challenge.dat
    (American Bass Challenge.gba)