Hacking GBA Flashcart for migrating Pokemon

instupituous

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have a DS Lite that I've been using flashcards with for a while but I've been playing a bit of pokemon lately and the lack of Sapphire/Ruby/Emerald on the DS is a bit of a buzzkill. Looked on ebay and it was inundated with fake carts or dead battery ones. Not my cup of tea. Back on topic, I am tried to do some research into the matter of migrating pokemon from GBA roms to DS carts or flashcard roms but the amount of conflicting information was incredible. I'm hoping some of you guys can help me put this to bed once and for all with what i hope will be personal experiences so I know exactly what to expect.

I'm after a GBA flashcart that'll allow me to migrate pokemon from Red/Green/Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald roms to any DS pokemon game or the flashcard rom with some level of simplicity. I need a new DS flashcard as I gave my acekard 2i to my cousin so if a bundle deal works out better I am open to it. Hope I haven't mumbled on for too long and hopefully someone can help. Thanks

Coto

-
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
http://gbatemp.net/topic/316349-how-can-i-use-pal-park-with-roms-only/

Check this thread. You need to patch the NDS Game so it can "see" the slot2 flashcard(Pokemon GBA must be in NOR memory).

By default NDS Pokemon games with palpark will detect legal GBA Pokemon Games only, excluding 3rd party devices.

Reactions: 1 person

Searinox

"Dances" with Dragons
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
1. You can change the dead battery on your own and it's not too difficult.
2. You can use DeSmuME to migrate pokemon from GBA to DS(dump GBA save to microSD, put GBA SAV and ROM into emulator folder, boot DS pokemon game and migrate).
3. EZflash 3in1 is about the most common solution you'll find.

I'd go with option 2 since it costs you nothing, unless you intend to also play some GBA titles and believe me there are good ones worth a flashcart.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Where's everybody?