Hardware GBA Flashcard that's still sold and supports RTC?

FluffyLunamoth

Still a Touhou Fanatic
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was going to get the EZFlash IV...but according to reviews, it can't support RTC...meaning it's unable to do Pokemon games. Any other flashcarts I could buy that DO support it? A link to one would be preferable...

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Errata, no RTC in it.

You'll have to look for an M3 Slim. RTC is generally a rare feature on the carts it seems.

That, or an EFA-Linker II. Ebay time for ya.

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
SC miniSD doesn't support RTC. And there's not a single Flashcard in production that does support it anymore.

Sorry, but you'll have to buy one of the "old generation" GBA flashcards, if you want it. And they're REAAAALLY rare.

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Foxi4 said:
That, or an EFA-Linker II. Ebay time for ya.
Be aware that most EFA Linker II out there aren't real EFA Linkers, but Longcart cards renamed (the so-called "EFA Simple"). So no RTC nor drag'n'drop to come with them.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
They can play pokemon- emerald lacks a patch but they exist for the others that need it*. It is not ideal for some things like growing berries (game days are some 4 hours which is fine for time driven events but berries grow in real time- rather than leaving it off overnight you get to cheat or put in 24 hours gameplay or possibly worse- I think it is all one real day but there might be something that takes thre) but it works well enough otherwise.
Edit in response to below- interesting, perhaps the patches change it.

*GBATA http://www.no-intro.org/tools.htm

http://bubbz.pocketheaven.com/

Also have a poke around your chosen patch site/release site as some games got cracks for it that worked along similar lines although the later patches were generally made for a reason.

After that yeah you are looking for a old cart that has not been made in years- rarely made available for sale as they great bits of kit, highly sought after (see the great bits of kit comment), maybe not working (it has been several years since they first appeared after all) and usually with a whole bunch of quirks (you thought the EZ4 was tricky in places- you have seen nothing yet and this applies even to the "good" ones).

FluffyLunamoth

Still a Touhou Fanatic
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Foxi4 said:
My personal suggestion would be to just "play on your DS Lite" instead, since it's much less hassle.

My personal suggestion would be to question whether or not the TC even HAS a DS lite. DSi XL and 3DS, mate.

Melter

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pokemon Fire Red and Leaf Green don't use a RTC, so the EZ4 will play those games fine. For Ruby and Sapphire you can patch the ROM to work on carts without a RTC, but things like growing berries won't work (I don't think its a big deal).

FluffyLunamoth

Still a Touhou Fanatic
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Melter said:
Pokemon Fire Red and Leaf Green don't use a RTC, so the EZ4 will play those games fine. For Ruby and Sapphire you can patch the ROM to work on carts without a RTC, but things like growing berries won't work (I don't think its a big deal).

What I want it for is pokemon games. Or rather, pokemon game hacks. Specifically FireRed/Emerald hacks.

D

Deleted-236924

R/S/E don't need patches to work on EZ-Flash IV (Except from the EZ4Client patches, of course.)
It will simply get a message saying that the internal battery has run dry and that time-based events won't work.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    ButterScott101 @ ButterScott101: +1