GBA Flash for Mac User

Discussion in 'NDS - Emulation and Homebrew' started by folax1, May 22, 2006.

May 22, 2006

GBA Flash for Mac User by folax1 at 3:28 AM (2,276 Views / 0 Likes) 8 replies

1. folax1
    OP

Newcomer folax1 Newbie

Featured Posts:
    Hey i'm new here, so sorry if you all have been through this before. but i'm a mac user but i want to get a gba flash card for use with my powerbook. does the supercard work?? i just am not sure which one will work with my apple computer. thanks for any help you can give.

2. corbs132

Member corbs132 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Featured Posts:
    United States
    can u get a sd card reader workin?

3. 754boy

Banned 754boy :D

Featured Posts:
    United States
    SC works on Mac. But a guy at SCDEV.org had this to say "I belive the only solution is running the windows patcher under virtual pc. his works fine, but is extremely sloooow...I'm running virtual PC on my 1.5ghz powerbook, and its equivalent to a 233mhz PC...If you manage to get Virtual PC for mac, I recommend installing Windows 2000 as the environment is much more stable than XP."

4. Mr.Curlynose1

Member Mr.Curlynose1 HI ASL PLS

Featured Posts:
    United States
    If you have a new Intel Mac, you can just install Windows and then boot into it and everything will work fine.

But if you have a PowerPC Mac, the magic eight ball says: No.

It's far too much of a hassle, and Virtual PC is really, really, really slow.

5. blotner

Newcomer blotner Member

Featured Posts:
    United States
    Yeah, seriously, just borrow a friend's computer. Or bang 500 fat chicks for 10 dollars each. or 50 really fat chicks for 100 dollars each.

I think there is a lesson here for us all.

6. ghostrida

Newcomer ghostrida Newbie

Featured Posts:
    United States
    what a great thread for some good old FUD

Everything works top-notch for me: G5, Sandisk 12-in-1 card reader, Vitual PC 7 running XP, M3 SD slim, Sandisk 1gb SD

All you do is hook up the card reader and make sure that under the VPC usb settings that you give control of the device to VPC. done.

install M3 game manager and have fun!

7. CatScam

Member CatScam ScamaRama!

Featured Posts:
    United States
    Wow you have to do all that? The way these new BS Mac commercials seem
    to show is, all you need to do is fart & the Mac will do the rest for you.

8. DjFIL

Member DjFIL GBAtemp Maniac

Featured Posts:
    Canada
    it's kind of a pain... but with the PowerPC (old G4/G5) mac's you must run in Virtual PC (i use Guest PC... it's better then the MS one, less overhead)... and yeah it's slow (like 30-60 seconds per file to patch... and 90 seconds to boot XP in the first place)... but you only need it to patch the roms (and in the case of the EZ4L, create saver files)... then you can transfer those files to your os x desktop and do the rest from there (for transfering back and forth from your SD card).

my friend has a intel Mac... he got some wine (to run windows apps natively in x86 based os x/linux) to work with his patcher software, so he doesn't even need virtual windows or a dual boot to work his flash cart patcher.

9. theBrave

Newcomer theBrave Member

Featured Posts:
    I have an iBook G4, and I use VirtualPC with Windows 98 (CPU and memory hungry than XP or 2000), and yes patching is slow, but you can select a lot of roms to be patched at the same time and when it's patched, there are simply normal files so you can copy them with the finder.
    Beware of "shadow files" ( ._* files if I remember well), you have to remove them manually (use an terminal) before copying them to your SD.