GeorgeFoulds

BrokenGeode
OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sup, BrokenGeode Here.
Just wondering what would be a good purchase as a flash cart to run LSDJ on a GBA rather than GB. The only reason I want to do this is purely because the only reputable GB flash cart seller I know of is Kitsch Bent and as they are situated out of the UK, I would get shipping fees up the ass. Any Suggestions?

Tokopimv

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
i recently bought a supercard mini SD from amazone, and it works fine for me. it as some slowdown on a lot of gba games though, and the saving is awkward.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
No GBA cart would run it natively* which means GB/GBC emulation which comes in the form of goomba color... in some ways it is better than a lot of emulators but in others.... well there is a reason people make GBC flash carts aimed solely at/with heavy leanings towards LSDJ.

*should you find a GB bridge and a compatible cart for it and deal with the hassle then such a combination would run it natively. Money no object I would probably still struggle to put such a combo together.

I can not recommend a supercard though- they kind of work and you can enjoy a lot of the GBA library with one but given every other flash cart pretty much runs everything flawlessly (give or take a few patches for tilt sensors, solar sensors and in some cases real time clock for those games that have the extra hardware here) I do not tend to recommend anyone get one, homebrew with them can be a bit iffy as well and I do not know what goes with goomba color here. Granted pretty much everything tends to mean EZ4 these days unless you find a fire card (don't) or some old stock somewhere (I still see the odd neoflash cart floating around occasionally).

Reactions: Count Duckula

Trevor Belmont

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Super Card SD works great for the price (around $25).
To be able to play NES, GB/GBC, Master System, some Turbografx-16 and Game Gear games, that's a steal.

Yes, it has some slow down (not much that i've experienced) on a few GBA, TG-16 and maybe some NES games, but like i said, for what it can do on such old tech, and being as the EZ Flash IV is harder to find than unicorn shit these days, you cant beat it, not even with a stick.

I'm still rocking mine on my GameBoy Micro.
It's still running like a champ.

Of course the ones i got were on ebay, by a more reputable dealer/tester, and they had always been of obvious better quality than other sites i had obtained them from.
(I used to hook up my gamer friends with them as gifts and a few for resale and such.)

FireSeel

Trophies
XP
Country
The shipping fees from kitsch-bent are not very high to the uk, they are about 7 dollars, and it takes about a week to arrive.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse