GBA Flash-cart Recommendation

Discussion in 'GBA - Flashing Hardware and Software' started by Nicklebone, Sep 11, 2008.

1. Nicklebone
    OP

Nicklebone Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 11, 2008
    United States
    Alrighty, sorry to bug you guys but I can't really make up my mind on what to get. I've read a lot of reviews on varying carts, and even looked up product reviews from various online stores. I think the major thing holding me back though is that I don't even know what I'm looking for exactly. If anyone would be willing to help me out, I'd greatly appreciate it.

What I'm really looking for, is a cartridge that I can play Japanese games on. I own hard copies of them all, but it's quite the hassle to deal with them when traveling. For that same reason, I purchased an R4DS. If it's possible, I'd love to have one that boots from the R4's Slot2 option. I do intend to play Pokemon, I know that was an issue brought up in several of the reviews and previous topics.

I have roughly 10 games that I'm looking to put on this cartridge. I don't quite understand how file transfer compression works, but I don't think I particularly need to get a cartridge with large capacity. Cost isn't a tremendous issue, but if the only major difference between two cartridges is the capacity, I wouldn't want to pay extra for space I may not use. I'm not sure if this helps any, but the total size of the files (unzipped) are 120Mbs.

This is not a make/break factor between the cartridges, but if possible, I would like one that can transfer between the DS and DS Lite. Possibly even the Gameboy Advanced. Like I said though, this is not terribly important, but it would be a nice option.

So, a quick summary for those who don't like walls of text:

Must:
    -play Japanese games
    -work with Pokemon
    -work on the DS or DS lite

Would like:
    -a smaller cartridge that can hold roughly 10 games.
    -the ability to switch between the DS and DS Lite.
    -the ability to boot from the R4's Slot2

2. Nicklebone
    OP

Nicklebone Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 11, 2008
    United States
    Based off of what I've been reading, I'm looking at getting the M3 Perfect Micro-SD Lite.

Can I have thoughts from any owners or past owners? And if it's a good option, what reputable place can I buy it from? With the exception of http://shop.01media.com/info.asp?ProductID=16647, majority of the links contained in the GBAtemp review either didn't have them listed, or had them out of stock.

3. Nicklebone
    OP

Nicklebone Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 11, 2008
    United States
    Ahh. Thanks, you rock.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice