Hardware GBA Flash card recommendations, have a CycloDS

urbanriot

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I realize this gets asked a lot, but I don't want to spend my money on something that's not right for me and you guys are experts. I already have a CycloDS if that factors into anything and I'd like the best, pure GBA flash cart that meets this criteria:

What's important:
  • No slowdowns - games running properly at native speed
  • RTC clock - I don't mind chanding batteries
  • Best compatibility
What's not important:
  • Interface or GUI
  • Software or support
  • Media storage
  • Price (I'll pay for the best)
  • File copy speed to cart
  • Amount of files that can be stored
I bought my brother an EFA Linker 1GB many moons ago, which was awesome; but it seems as though you can no longer get them. Is there anything comparable or better?

urbanriot

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DanTheManMS said:
The M3 Perfect seems to be what you're looking for.

The M3 Perfect seems like a bundle deal, between a DS cart and a GBA cart. I'd like to keep my CycloDS in the unit since I'll be switching between them, do you need to use both the DS M3 cart with the GBA cart, or is there a standalone model / name for the M3 that would fit my needs? (Trying to look this stuff up on my own, but a lot of these sites seem poorly translated).

urbanriot

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I also see that I can use the EZ-Flash 3-in-1 Expansion GBA cart with the CycloDS, if I use some Rudolph 3-in-1 tool. Would that combo meet my 'important' requirements? Do either of these have RTC's? I can't seem to find that information anywhere legit...

I guess both this question and my previous question are kind of related. I appreciate you taking the time
biggrin.gif

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There are many products that go by the M3 name, so perhaps you got confused. The slot-2 M3 Expansion pack is indeed meant to be used with the slot-1 M3 Real. However the M3 Perfect is a standalone slot-2 device that can run on its own in a GBA if needed. It has its own media card slot, and you would store all your GBA games on that.

The 3in1's major drawback would be the lack of RTC. If you can live with that, you can use Rudolph's GBA ExpLoader program to copy games from your slot-1 microSD card to its internal memory before game launch.

urbanriot

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dan, thanks! Again, I appreciate your guidance here. Yes, I am confused, mostly due to google results...

I checked the M3 web site and I don't see this perfect (http://www.m3adapter.com/) however, being in Canada, I typically buy my stuff from gamersection.ca and they had an M3 Perfect Bundle (http://www.gamersection.ca/index.php?cPath=30_36), but their description states the GBA cart is an "M3 DS Real Cartridge." Nowhere do I see a "Perfect" item by itself. Could you link me to this item?

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well see that's the issue. It's very difficult to find an M3 Perfect anymore. None of the ones on that site are the right thing, and I honestly don't know of any stores that still have them in stock. =/

urbanriot

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dan, you sorted me out quite well; unfortunately, as you say, none of these items can be found anywhere! I spent hours searching for the EZ-III and an M3 Perfect, nobody had stock.

Is there any sort of forum with buy / sell for these items? I'd like the M3 Perfect Lite, or an EFA Linker 1GB or the EZ-III.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Also nice. Never really watched Fallout on Prime, but sounds like a good show. +1