GBA Flash card advice

Discussion in 'GBA - Hardware, Devices and Utilities' started by funem, May 17, 2008.

May 17, 2008

GBA Flash card advice by funem at 5:39 PM (1,040 Views / 0 Likes) 6 replies

1. funem
    OP

Member funem Retro Powered..

United Kingdom
    I have a GBA Micro and a SuperCard miniSD wit a 2gb memory card. While on the whole tis works fine there are a few games I would have really liked to play on it that do not work. What is the best card on the market within these following parameters

Must take a memory card or have internal memory of at least 2 giga bytes ( NOT bits )
    Most compatible, including saving
    Must be the size of a GBA cart as I dont want it sticking out

Thanks

2. TheWingless

Member TheWingless Wafuu~

United States
    If you are looking for something similar to the SC Mini SD, you can get the M3 MiniSD Perfect, but that is pretty pricey. Another alternative is the EZ IV(Not the deluxe which is lite sized. Original size can be found at Deal Extreme). Unfortunately, Pokemon's RTC is not fixed without a patch. Compatibility though is very high for both.

3. funem
    OP

United Kingdom
    EZ Flash iV looks GBA sized and I have just seen it online for £16 which is quite reasonable. The M3 MiniSD Perfect looks a bit bigger than a GBA cart is that right or am I looking at the wrong thing ?

Thanks for the info BTW

4. Jack-Of-Trades

Member Jack-Of-Trades GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Your correct it is bigger by quite a bit

And my EZ4 Cart FIt's perfectly flush on my SP on micro it will stick out just a tiny bit like 1mm

All of the above take mini Or micro cards (with sd converters) if you have the SC that uses full sized SD Cards your pretty much screwed and cant use your old sd card sorry

5. lewjay

Member lewjay GBAtemp Regular

Here are some quick pics of my micro with m3 minisd.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

It's bigger by a bit, think sticks out maybe 3mm. Doesn't bother me though. [​IMG]

6. funem
    OP

United Kingdom
    Thank you all for the time and effort of answering my query, I think I will go for the EZ Flash IV, at £16 I can afford to get it and try it without breaking the bank. What's more its a nice fit ( old age makes you funny about these things [​IMG] ). I can even use the mini SD card already in the Supercard I have.

Cheers again

7. lewjay

Member lewjay GBAtemp Regular

Good choice, if I were to buy a gba sized cart now it'd probably be the EZ flash iv as well.