GBA ExpLoader

Discussion in 'NDS - Emulation and Homebrew' started by Salzalada, Aug 1, 2008.

Aug 1, 2008

GBA ExpLoader by Salzalada at 1:11 AM (2,178 Views / 0 Likes) 8 replies

1. Salzalada
    OP

Newcomer Salzalada Newbie

Sweden
    Hi!
    When I start up my DSTT and choose the GBA ExpLoader for the first time it worked. I started up Picross and the rumble worked out perfectly!
    The next day I tried to start GBA ExpLoader again, but its just a /0 on the top screen, and everything is freezed. It works when I delete the GBA ExpLoader-files from the MicroSD-card and add them again, but it just works for one time! When I try to start it a second time I just see this /0 on the top screen and everything is freezed!
    I've tried to put the files in different locations on the card, like /root/data/GBA Exploader and just /root/Gba Exploader. Putting it directly on the root seems to work out best, I managed to start the rumble three(!) times in a row before freezing.
    I'm currently using v. 0.57, is there a newer version I should try? And Im using the EzFlash 3-in-1.

(Sorry for my crappy english, I hope you understand me! ^^')

2. Sephi

Member Sephi fool

United States
    That's really strange, I've never seen that error before.

Maybe reformatting you MicroSD will fix the error, also, download GBA ExpLoader just in case your copy is corrupt or something. Also, V0.57 is the latest.

3. Minox

Supervisor Minox Spytech Employee

Sweden
    You could try to DLDI-patch GBA ExpLoader manually and then patch it with DLDI No-AutoPatch to see if it works. That's what I usually do when I have problems getting homebrew to run properly.

4. Sephi

Member Sephi fool

United States
    I've never had any problems with GBA ExpLoader on my DSTT.

If GBA ExpLoader won't work, you can use the DSTT custom firmware YSMENU, it has built in GBA loading

5. Destructobot

Member Destructobot Crave the Hammer

United States
    Sounds like a corrupted filesystem to me. Reformat the card and put a fresh copy of GBA ExpLoader and the DSTT system files on it.

6. Salzalada
    OP

Newcomer Salzalada Newbie

Sweden
    @Sephiroth, I've already tried reformating. I have tried both FAT32 and regular FAT. Seems like both are the same. I've also tried different versions, and they we're all the same. Oh, and I dont really use the GBA-function, just the rumble and extra memory. [​IMG]
    @Destructobot, already tried that too. Also upgraded firmwire from 1.14 to 1.15 (I think it is..)
    @Minox_IX, thanks! I'll try that if GBA ExpLoader wont work. For now its working fine after another reinstallation, but if will most likely not work after I've played some other games that dont uses the program. Can't do that now though, bed time. [​IMG]

7. Destructobot

Member Destructobot Crave the Hammer

United States
    There have been a couple cases of corrupted SRAM on the 3-in-1 causing GBA ExpLoader to behave stupidly. If the problem comes back you could try blanking out the SRAM and see if that helps.

Here's a blank SRAM.BIN file you can use: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?download=2721

8. dreamercross

Newcomer dreamercross Newbie

Singapore
    I just got this freezing problem today too. I'm able to run the game stored in NOR but the graphics are really wonky, there are green and white squares all over the screen. Is there a way to delete the rom stored in NOR? I think that may fix the problem

UPDATE: Used Hyperlisk's NOR Eraser to delete all 80 blocks but it still isn't working. Is there a program that is able to format the entire 3-in-1 card?

9. Jerme

Banned Jerme Banned

United States
    man i hope this wont happen to mine when it comes