GBA ExpLoader porblem

Discussion in 'GBA - Flashing Hardware and Software' started by redblack, Apr 16, 2008.

Apr 16, 2008

GBA ExpLoader porblem by redblack at 5:41 AM (1,592 Views / 0 Likes) 5 replies

1. redblack
    OP

Newcomer redblack Newbie

United States
    hi i have a porblem with the GBA ExpLoader i am useing v0.53
    i played yoshi's island for 1 hour then i saved it turned it back on backed up the save
    then later i went to go play it again when i was in the game it said your save data is corrupted i went to try it agian it still says it
    then i made a new save then i went to play agian and said it agian can someone help

edit: i got v0.56 not 0.53

2. Destructobot

Member Destructobot Crave the Hammer

United States
    First off, the current version of GBA ExpLoader is 0.56, you can get it from Rudolph's blog: http://kotei.blog.so-net.ne.jp/

Did you patch the Yoshi's Island rom, or run it through the EZ4 Client for any reason? GBA ExpLoader expects you to use clean roms.

3. redblack
    OP

Newcomer redblack Newbie

United States
    yes i did patch Yoshi's Island

4. Destructobot

Member Destructobot Crave the Hammer

United States
    Don't SRAM patch games you want to use with GBA ExpLoader, and don't run them through the EZ4 Client for any reason. Try it again with clean roms and see if you still have a problem.

5. redblack
    OP

Newcomer redblack Newbie

United States
    i used a clean rom it still says your save data is corrupted and i downloaded some more games today and they are working
    is it the rom

edit: Metroid Fusion says your save data is corrupted to

6. CRXsi

Newcomer CRXsi Member

United States
    There is something I am missing in the whole saving process. I'm using GBAexploder an R4 and a Kingston (j) 1G card. I've finally figured out the psram vs. nor thing. However, when saving in psram I am only successful about %50 of the time. I'm using clean roms and still certain games just won't load a save. I've read that you should have several files on the root of the slot one card. I have GBA, Saves, and one I didn't create; GBA_sign. Most games show up in both but the game I'm running in NOR (FFVI) doesn't show up in the GBA Save folder.

In the GBA_Sign folder all the files have a .sgn and of course the ones in the save folder are .sv

For example: Gadget Racers is one I can't seem to get to load a save. I see the .sv file for it but it isn't coming up as an option to load/save to option.

My impression was that just like my slot one card I could load as many gba games as I wanted and the saves would be on the slot one card. Then I boot with the gbaexploder and load the game and save for that game. So am I limited to the number of games I can play based on save slots?

I hope this makes some sense to someone out there. I'm scared to play anything but FFVI afraid that it'll somehow get its save replaced by loading other games.

Thanks for any help in advance.