Hacking GBA exploader on Acekard

dday3212

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just got my acekard 2i in the mail and installed everything and it worked perfect. the only problem i have is using the exploader with the M3 gba expansion pack. it goes to a white screen that says initializing and just sits there. i dont know what i did wrong and can't find any tutorials on how to use it

XWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
If similar to the EZ 3in1 with Acekard - You don't really need to use GBA exploader...

Install Akaio instead of the original Acekard firmware. Then in the second screen of the main menu there is an options bit for the expansion card.

dday3212

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I do have Akaio installed. when i choose slot 2 it says that there isn't one inserted. I heard that acekard isn't compatible with the M3 expansion pack thats y i tried exploader

dday3212

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nevermind im probably gonna return it. for some reason phantom hourglass freezes and it wont recognize my bowsers inside story save. and the expansion still doesn't work

XWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
dday3212 said:
I do have Akaio installed. when i choose slot 2 it says that there isn't one inserted. I heard that acekard isn't compatible with the M3 expansion pack thats y i tried exploader
Unless you have something on it - by copying to NOR it Will Not Show Up!

Have you tried just selecting a GBA rom file in Akaio?

As for the Bowser and Zelda issues, have you tried:

1. Different roms
2. A search, there are several results for issues on both those games

abbadab

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you can play GBA games on acekards? i have the AK2i - any my EZ4 does not get past the darth vader screen, so if my AK can play GBA games i dont need the EZ4 p.o.s.
mad.gif

dday3212

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
XWolf said:

1. Different roms

GBA roms don't show up. i didnt search cuz the games work fine on my m3. im going to just go back to that because it never gave me any random problems. i installed everything right so idk why zelda freezes and none of the saves work for any games. im using .sav and it still cant be found

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
dday3212 said:
XWolf said:

1. Different roms

GBA roms don't show up. i didnt search cuz the games work fine on my m3. im going to just go back to that because it never gave me any random problems. i installed everything right so idk why zelda freezes and none of the saves work for any games. im using .sav and it still cant be found
A file extension isn't the best way to determine it's type. There's multiple different kind of .SAV files.
http://www.shunyweb.info/convert.php

YayMii

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
abbadab said:
you can play GBA games on acekards? i have the AK2i - any my EZ4 does not get past the darth vader screen, so if my AK can play GBA games i dont need the EZ4 p.o.s.
mad.gif
Technically, you can't. He's still using a Slot-2 cartridge.

Chaos Rush

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You don't have to open up GBAExploader. Just make sure it's on your AceKard. Then you can simply select your GBA game like any other file and it will work, but only if you have GBAExploader and a slot-2 card plugged in.

stomp_442

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I too have an AK 2i and cannot get my M3 GBA Expansion card to work. I go to the top menu, where MicroSD Card and Slot2 Card is the only options. I select Slot2 Card and get this "Error No GBA Card". I then press the START button and scroll to the "More->" and press A button. Then there is an option to select "3in1/FAS1", so I select it and get this "3in1/EWin/FlashAdvance not found!" I also highlighted the Slot2 Card in the top menu, and press START, scroll to Properties, press A, and get some more options, Boot Slot2 Device, press A to Boot in GBA mode, press L+A to Boot in NDS mode (PassMe). Need less to say, what ever I try, still no joy! I do have GBA roms in the Games folder, that do not appear when browsing NDS roms.

Chaos Rush

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Gariscus said:
Remove GBA Exploader from your micro sd and try launching a GBA game.
I never said you don't need GBA Exploader.
QUOTEYou don't have to open up GBAExploader. Just make sure it's on your AceKard.
I meant that you don't have to select it in the menu, but it still has to be on your AceKard (MicroSD).

Gariscus

Former Team Cyclops Mod
Trophies
XP
Country
Chaos Rush said:
Gariscus said:
Remove GBA Exploader from your micro sd and try launching a GBA game.
I never said you don't need GBA Exploader.
QUOTEYou don't have to open up GBAExploader. Just make sure it's on your AceKard.
I meant that you don't have to select it in the menu, but it still has to be on your AceKard (MicroSD).
You misunderstand me. You don't need GBA Exploader on your micro sd to launch GBA games. Acekard 2i and 2.1 can do it without GBA Exploader on your micro sd.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: prime deez nuts