Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
srsly...how do you save?
read the readme, no info
google'd, no info

.....so, im running m3 sakura with 3in1 flash and it'd be great if someone ran me through.
a AIM address would also help just in case
smile.gif

darnoc

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Eon-Rider said:
Well if you actually experimented, you would've easily figured out how it was done. All you have to do is save in-game then load GBA ExpLoader after playing.

wow thats alot of help.

this is what you have to do you gottan write to sram to the sav

so after you play a game and sav go to the gam you just played, press B and there should be a date of a save choose that option and volia your done also if you try to run the game after and it freezes dont worry it does that for me too

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
Technologyc said:
srsly...how do you save?
read the readme, no info
google'd, no info

.....so, im running m3 sakura with 3in1 flash and it'd be great if someone ran me through.
a AIM address would also help just in case
smile.gif

gba exploader has on screen (in english) information on what buttons do what.

open the .ini file associated with the app and take a look
SaveDir /GBA_SAVE

that is where your save files will go. you can change this directory if you want.

assuming your battery is working in your 3-in-1, you must dump the sram before you play a new game. if you flash a new psram game it will overwrite the sram and remove your save. if you play a psram game and then a nor game the nor game will overwrite the sram and remove your save. it works this way by design because there is only 1 sram. you should get in the habbit of backing up your saves with each reboot of gba exploader before you go off and play another game. if you are using a game in nor it will keep your sram and game. so you can boot the kit like a normal gba kit in gba mode using the nds firmware.

you did not use google, please don't say you did. i just checked and found a large amount of hits that explain how saving works. you could also use the search button for this forum, this is a common question which has been answered many (MANY) times.

finally don't lie and say you read the readme when you clearly did not.

QUOTE*: Backup SRAM data to SAV file.

When you want to exchange SAV file, to backup SAV data (or run another GBA) first and then exchange the file.
SAV file will be written into SRAM every time you run the GBA, even if you run the same file again and again.

SRAM capacity is 512KB (4Mbit) and you can use it by 8KB(64Kbits) paging.
Save area for NOR is stored from offset 64KB like this:
64KB UNUSED
128KB SAVE area for NOR
8KB SAVE management area
128KB SAVE are for PSRAM
Rest of space UNUSED

?Notice?
*If save type is not SRAM, GBA ExpLoader Will patch SRAM automatically.
Supported save types:
EEPROM_V111, EEPROM_V120, EEPROM_V121, EEPROM_V122, EEPROM_V124, EEPROM_V125, EEPROM_V126
FLASH_V120, FLASH_V121, FLASH_V123, FLASH_V124, FLASH_V125, FLASH_V126
FLASH512_V130, FLASH512_V131, FLASH512_V133
FLASH1M_V102, FLASH1M_V103
Special save type of Famicom Mini(Classic NES)EEPROM_V122, EEPROM_V124 and undefined type

*The size of SAV file will be adjusted to the real SAVE size.
But GBA ExpLoader cannot detect EEPROM 512B or 8KB, so all EEPROM size will be 8KB.
*If GBA ExpLoader cannot detect save type, it will be set to SRAM 64K.
*It's OK even if SAVE data has dummy area at the tail of the file. E.g. real file size is 64K but file size is 128K.
*SAV file will be saved to "/GBA_SAVE". File name will be the same of the ROM file name.
*When you run a ROM first time, analyzed data(SGN file) will be saved to "/GBA_SIGN".
*If file extension is BIN, GBA ExpLoader won't patch. And SAV file size will be set to 64KB.
*In file select window, top "SAV" will be saved as ".SAV" and to will be saved ".SV1" to ".SV5"
*You'd better create "/GBA_SAVE" and "/GBA_SIGN" yourself.
(Some Slot1 flash cards cannot create these folders correctly. N-Card series will take a long time to do this.)

-another world

Technologyc

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thanks soooo much for the responses guys
i actually found out how to save BUT when i load the save it reads nothing ingame and acts as if it never existed
yes, i checked my card and it did have the save presents (64.0kb)

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
you should look up the rom by # on the http://www.advanscene.com/ release list. they will tell you what the save type is. then see if that save type is indeed supported by the auto patching of gba exploader. if it isn't you might need a tool like gbata to patch the file manually. some roms require other types of patches to get the save files working, again this all depends on what game it is.

make sure when you debug you start from scratch. ie: delete any backed-up saves first. if you flash the game to NOR you won't have to back up your save until its time to flash a new game to psram/nor as nor will keep the game in memory and allow you to use the battery back up. you can flash any size game to nor it doesn't have to be a rom 16-32mb.

-another world

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Also nice. Never really watched Fallout on Prime, but sounds like a good show. +1