GBA Exploader 58b trouble.

Discussion in 'GBA - Flashing Hardware and Software' started by matcon5, Jan 3, 2010.

1. matcon5

matcon5 Advanced Member

Oct 2, 2007
    Hi guys, I've slightly inconvenienced myself and can't figure out why it happened.
    I tried searching around for some info but couldn't find anything helpful, and the readme didn't explain much either.

So maybe someone can help me understand the Exploader a bit better as to avoid this again.
    I was playing Mother 3, and tried to use miltiple .sav files, I loaded an older one to check something, then loaded the one I was actually playing on, which was about 2 hours ahead of the older one. My main save file was at the top of the list. and my older one I saved at the bottom of the 5 slots.

After I loaded the older one at the bottom of the list, and found out what I wanted, and went back and loaded the top sav file (which was supposed to be my current progress) It was showing the save games of the older file. Now I can't access/find my latest saves anywhere. So I lost about 2 hours of progress.

When loading the loader I have the window that says "Write SRAM to SAV file" and 5 slots.
    When choosing a game to play, I have the options A-Run, B-Write SRAM to SAV file, X-Backup whole SRAM to SRAM.BIN and Y-Restore SRAM.BIN to SRAM.
    It's running in SDRAM Mode apparently.

Can someone explain the 5 slots of saves, and this whole SRAM business and use with multiple games(If the 5 slots only allow me 5 different games etc), so I can learn to handle multiple saves/games and not lose 2 hours of progress again?

Thank you all in advance.