GBA Exploader 0.58b saving issues

Discussion in 'GBA - Flashing Hardware and Software' started by MP2E, Aug 23, 2009.

Aug 23, 2009

GBA Exploader 0.58b saving issues by MP2E at 8:19 AM (3,002 Views / 0 Likes) 3 replies

1. MP2E
    OP

Newcomer MP2E Newbie

United States
    Well basically I bought an M3i Zero Sakura(with an 8GB Kingston MicroSDHC) and an Ezflash 3-in-1. I'm using them on a new DS Lite(yeah you read it right, lite! [​IMG]). I do understand the difference between PSRAM and NOR and etc but after reading several sites I cannot understand for the life of me how to fix the problem I'm having. Basically the problem is, none of my games will save properly [​IMG] My saves aren't getting corrupted or anything, the games themselves save just fine in game, however, when I reboot and go into GBA Exploader again I can't find any saves, or in the case of some of the games that I previous played in VBA, they just load from the last save file I made in VBA with no changes. I noticed that sometimes the SRAM shows the game i previously played, and I tried to press B to get it to "save SRAM to SAV" but that didn't seem to do the trick either. I'm not exactly sure whether I'm doing something wrong or what?(Also I DID disable multisaving through the ini, because I heard that was problematic).

Another thing I tried was running the roms through NOR, which I'm sure would work fine, but I can't figure out how to load my SAV's from VBA into the actual SRAM, there is something about it in GBA Exploader itself but it doesn't seem to actually do anything. I reboot into the GBA game after "writing" into sram and i don't see any difference at all, the game is as clean as if I just bought it.

EDIT: Ah damnit, well I tried playing Fire Emblem 6(with a translation patch of course) in NOR and saving normally(booted from GBA slot on native DS) but that doesn't save properly either! bawwwww [​IMG] It may be something to do with the Fire Emblem series in general then. any suggestions?

2. TM2-Megatron

Member TM2-Megatron Predacon Commander

Canada
    I thought Rudolph was supposed to have blocked his tools from working on M3 slot-1 hardware? There's a patch floating around for ExpLoader 0.58b to remove that block, though... have you applied it? If not, maybe that's your issue (although I've read that his tools are just supposed to shut down upon detecting on M3 slot-1 device, not kinda work like yours). Here's the patch, if you haven't tried it (not sure if it's required for M3i Zero, but I imagine it would be):

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?download=4550

Alternatively, maybe your SRAM battery is just dead or defective somehow? If nothing is saving, that could be the case.

3. MP2E
    OP

Newcomer MP2E Newbie

United States
    I have indeed applied the patch, sorry, probably should have mentioned that in the first post.

Perhaps there is a problem with the SRAM battery, however, I JUST got my 3-in-1 2 days ago, and it hasn't worked at all! Perhaps there is a possibility that it's a fake, however Quake2DS, Memtest, and everything else correctly identifies it as an EZFlash product and the amount of NOR and PSRAM on it is correct.

EDIT: Hmm, I just read off another site that the 3-in-1's battery needs to be "charged" by leaving it in a charging NDS, however the data still will not hold! I think you may be right about the SRAM battery but it makes no sense as to why a brand new 3-in-1 has an empty battery(or lack thereof) and won't charge!

EDIT2: Yes I did try charging the SRAM battery by the methods required, it charged all last night actually... Still no dice.

4. Todderbert

Member Todderbert GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Its a basic lithium battery that is not rechargeable. There is a tutorial on replacing this battery.
    http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=132872