OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
GBA ExpLoader 0.2
Two bug fixes
%5B1798%5Dez53in1a.jpg

The issue that caused save files with a capitalized extension not to read has been fixed, and "the SAVE size of the game of the BIN file and UNKNOWN was changed to 64KB."(?) Download below.

download.gif
Download
icon11.gif
Source

Jiggah

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Pardon the ignorance, but this program works like Rudolph's tool, doesn't it? If so, has it any advantages over the latter?

It's Rudolph's Tool, just renamed, as least that's the impression I got reading the first couple of updates. You'll notice that when you go to the download link, the author is addressed as Rudolph and the web link leads directly to his website.

Maikel Steneker

M3 Fanboy
Trophies
Website
ndss.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
Pardon the ignorance, but this program works like Rudolph's tool, doesn't it? If so, has it any advantages over the latter?

It's Rudolph's Tool, just renamed, as least that's the impression I got reading the first couple of updates. You'll notice that when you go to the download link, the author is addressed as Rudolph and the web link leads directly to his website.
Yes, the tool is made by Rudolph. It's not just renamed though, it works in a different way. This makes it less stable but very promising for the future.

cutterjohn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
still I will wait until the compatibility will raise to 100%.
Me too.

Also, this 3in1 app from Rudolph is the ONLY one that he has written that supports the new hw version of the 3in1, but still ATM I'd go with Cory's updated app as this new one from Rudolph is still buggy. (He made ALOT of changes to it after all, as it now auto-patches clean GBA ROMs on the fly, so no patching on the PC is necessary other than for realtime clock if you need it(I think...).

Lumstar

Princess
Trophies
Website
eonhack.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
100%? Too many GBA games use special hardware for that. Like tilt, rumble, or solar.

But as I mentioned before... If I see solid confirmation the 3in1 can do F-Zero Climax with absolutely NO slowdown, I'm sold.

DjoeN

Captain Haddock!
Trophies
Website
djoen.dommel.be
XP
Country
Belgium
100%? Too many GBA games use special hardware for that. Like tilt, rumble, or solar.

But as I mentioned before... If I see solid confirmation the 3in1 can do F-Zero Climax with absolutely NO slowdown, I'm sold.

So, i tested it for you
biggrin.gif

F-Zero Climax

Both PSRAM and NOR

work flawless and full speed!

It has nothing to do with slowdown, the program just makes sure the GBA is flashed correct to the 3in1, then all depends on the 3in1 qua speed and compatibility.

PS: i'm willing to add a youtube movie later of the flashing and running of the game!, don't expect pro gameplay of me, i sux at F-Zero games
tongue.gif

Elrinth

:Master beyond your imagination:
Trophies
Website
www.elrinth.com
XP
Country
Only problem is I'd need both a slot1 card and memory card for that. There's no slot1 device supporting CF, regular SD, or Memory Stick Pro Duo.
then it's about time you upgrade then
biggrin.gif
me myself? I still have the ez4. Haven't really thought about ever getting myself the ez5 with 3-1. I mean, why should I?

mokyurin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
From my personal opinion, using it since launch, it was buggy as hell at first release.
But this 0.2 release, it's real stable now!
Now it's better then most of other flashcarts.

For example, play Super mario advance 4(Flash1M patch that every other flashcarts have save problem)
it works without problem on GBA ExpLoader!!

Something I miss would be realtime save.

Lumstar

Princess
Trophies
Website
eonhack.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
I know... Since some flash carts have problems with them, let's make a list of every game that uses 128KB save files. Super Mario Advance 4 and F-Zero Climax do.

I think the 5 main Pokemon games as well. Maybe also Mario Kart Super Circuit, but I'm not sure. It'd make a good wiki article here.
happy.gif

Kellicros

Trophies
XP
Country
Hmm, this still look very buggy, I understand that we do not need to patch sram anymore, but all my current GBA roms are sram patched, should I replace them all? I am wondering if I am considering to replace my Rudolph tool with this one.

kmihalj

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Croatia
Well working great, ... sort of ....

All roms sized 16 MB or less running from PSRAM working great, .... but games which must be runned from NOR does not run from this tool (afther pressing A) ... erasin and flashing is fine, but afther that I must shutdown DS and run GBA game from main DS menu to play game ..... also if I select game which is already in NOR, game is again written (well firrst deletin NOR and than flashnig game again) .... also Soft Reset from GbaTool menu is not working... should be added in menu for ex. (select or start to exit from GBATool).....

Using it with CycloDS (black) + 6 GB SDHC Class 4 + EZ 3-in-1 GBA Sized in DS Phat

Destructobot

Crave the Hammer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
You press A in NOR mode to write a game to NOR, and X to launch the game. Rudolph seems to have the labels for the A and X buttons switched (not too surprising, he doesn't speak English).

Soft reset is currently not supported on the Cyclo Evo. I'm sure he'll add it when he figures out how to make it work.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @SylverReZ, Indeed lol