ROM Hack GBA Expansion Pack Loads Bad!!!

emilito

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, I have a M3 DS real and it works fine!!! But with it i get a gba expansion pack, rumble pack and gba expansion pack for the original ds. And when i was putting the gba expansion pack into the gba expansion pack for the original ds, and was trying it, it didn't work!!! Some roms work, but not all, and when it's working the game looks broken. I have the gba expansion into the ds without m3 ds real and it's says: "a ds option pack is insert" And when i try to load GBA exloader it says: "No expansion pack insert" The same problem with the rumble pack. And I tried also with only the gba expansion pack for the nds lite and the same problem.

Help me out is there any way to fix it by modding it or a program???

Chrono_Tata

Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
Why is this here and not in the M3 section?

Anyway, the DS recognise the M3 GBA expansion pack as an option pack. That is normal.

GBAExploader doesn't work with the GBA expansion pack because the M3 team BAWWW to Rudolph probably threatening him with lawsuits if he doesn't remove support for M3 products from GBAExploader, so he did. I believe you can get a patch to patch GBAExploader to make it work with M3 stuff, or you can just look around for an old version of GBAExploader. Google around.

emilito

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think i have a patch to patch thing, it's calling: GBA_ExpLoader_v0.58b_unexcluded.ips and i have the GBA exploader v0.58b what do I do now??

Fat D

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
If you have a M3DS, you are better off not using GBA ExpLoader anyway, as the built-in GBA support is superior on all terms. And the exclusion should block M3 Slot-1 devices only, not M3 Slot-2 carts as expansions.

emilito

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't understand a shit off this!! The Expansion pack is not working, but When I just have the Gba expansion pck into my ds it's says a ds option pack insert. Whats wrong with my gba expansion pack (same troublem with the rumble pack)
hate2.gif
Can modding make it work or a homebrew program for the ds??

IAmTheRad

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
emilito said:
I don't understand a shit off this!! The Expansion pack is not working, but When I just have the Gba expansion pck into my ds it's says a ds option pack insert. Whats wrong with my gba expansion pack (same troublem with the rumble pack)
hate2.gif
Can modding make it work or a homebrew program for the ds??
It works. Sakura can use it just fine. Run the GBA game from the Sakura menu. It'll work then. That's with the .gba expansion, and not exploader or any of that.

The DS cannot tell what pack is in it when it's an option pack. Rumble or RAM, it's both the same to the system.

Chrono_Tata

Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
If you are loading from the M3 firmware (Sakura or Touchpod), and it still doesn't work properly, then maybe you have a defective unit. I don't have any suggestions other than get a replacement, unfortunately.

Also, could you explain what "Some roms work, but not all, and when it's working the game looks broken" mean exactly? Do you get graphical glitches, or black screens, or freezes or something?

emilito

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, when the gba roms work it's coms grapic glitches, frezze and black screens. Help me here!!!

PS: Hey a yellow thing inside the Expansion pack is sticking out is that the problem??

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte