Hacking GBA Expansion Help

Gyad

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Frankly, I really did not want to create another thread asking for help. There are a ton of these floating around (in fact, there's one right below this thread), but I was never the person to invade someone else's thread.

I recently purchased the M3 DS Real Perfect Bundle package, and I have some trouble using the GBA Expansion Cartridge that came with it. The games load perfectly fine, but it does not save at all. I have tried saving games with both the games' built in save function, and the Real Time Saving feature, but to no avail. The first method simply tells me that the save files are corrupt, while the second simply freezes the game if I try to load the save file.

Yes, I did try more than one game. I'm also 99% certain that the games are not corrupt in any way. I tried them all with an emulator on the computer, and they work fine. List of games that I've tried includes: Megaman Battle Network, Tales of Phantasia, Golden Sun, Fire Emblem, and many others. I also got them from different sources, just to be sure. None of them work.

I looked all over this board, and one of the most common of responses is that I should charge my DS with the Cartridge inside. I tried that, but it doesn't work. I even took out the Slot-1 card. Only thing I haven't tried is leaving the DS on while charging. I also upgraded my firmware (to 3.4), as well as format my card to FAT. Nothing worked.

Next, I also tried to play games SNES games. When the emulator loaded up, it asked me to choose between using the Slot 1 or Slot 2. If I choose Slot 2, nothing happens. Slot 1 works fine though.

But wait, there's more. While I was in the middle of writing this thread, and I ran some double checks, to make sure my information was correct. And guess what? The DS doesn't even recognize the expansion anymore. It tells me that the GBA Expansion can't be found.

I have come to the conclusion that my cartridge is completely dead. Now the question is, is there anything that I haven't tried, and should try? I'm trying to avoid having to send it back to the manufacturer. This bundle was purchased from Kick Gaming Are they notorious for defective products?

Comazon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If it matters at all, my perfect bundle came from Kickgaming as well, and it has a defective GBA expansion pak. My friend also bought his perfect bundle there, and his M3 Real worked fine for a couple weeks... but then began locking up after about 20 minutes of play. Luckily for him Kickgaming replaced his (as it was under the 90-day warranty), so if you can get it replaced, do so (the whole process did take about a month however).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    cearp @ cearp: HBD 2U