ROM Hack GBA emulators with a RAM search function?

K3fka

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Hi, I'm K3fka. I'm new here and I have a problem. I'm sorry if this is in the wrong forum, but please move it if it is.

Anyway, I want to start hacking Wario Land 3 for the GBC. Obviously to do this, I should create RAM and ROM maps so I have something to go by. Anyway, my issue is that in order to help me document the RAM addresses, I am in need of a RAM search function (searching for RAM addresses with a certain value, just in case there's any confusion) so that I can identify addresses. Unfortunately, I've failed to find any GBA/GBC emulators that have this function. I would really appreciate it if someone could point me to one or give me some sort of alternative method for doing this.

-Thanks!

K3fka

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Well that's what I've been using. It doesn't really help as the only thing I can do there is view the memory in its entirety. It's extremely inefficient to scour the RAM manually, make a list of all addresses of a certain value, do something in the game, and then check those addresses.

how_do_i_do_that

Blue Wizard is about to die.
Trophies
You have insufficient posts to view user location.
XP
Country
Antarctica
In a GBA game, under the memory viewer, your save slot is loaded in the WRAM section of the viewer.

There is no standard to how the data is stored, it is per game. You only have a maximum of 256KB to search through. I don't see your complaint about how inefficient that is to scroll through that little amount of memory.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Firefox users be like "look at what they have to do to mimic a fraction of our power."