GBA Emulator(Wii) With Speed multiplier(frame skip whatever)

Discussion in 'Wii - Emulation and Homebrew' started by zwpunisher, Sep 19, 2011.

1. zwpunisher
    OP

Newcomer zwpunisher Newbie

United States
    Is there a GBA emulator for the wii that would be able to play GB, GBC, and GBA games at 2x or more speed?

2. Juanmatron

Member Juanmatron Slater Color

Spain
  3. Centrix

Member Centrix Stop Poking the Moogle!

United States
    Actually the Speed skip on this emulator needs work...I love the emulator it just needs an update, I also noticed there are every now and then a sound skip here and there! Hopefully will be getting updates to the SNES, NES and GBA emulators for Wii soon! Major updates would be nice!

4. MarcusRaven

Member MarcusRaven HBC Theme Maker

United States
    I'd be happy with the GX series of emulators if we could just get the natural frameskip to 0. Too many games I play use sprite flickering as a means of "emulating" transparency, and with the natural frameskip where it is now, characters flat out disappear when they start flickering. (Primary examples are Inspector Gadget for SNES, Nightmare Before Christmas on GBA.) Without any options to change Frameskip, it really make these emulators inferior to their PC and PS3 cousins. The main reason I still use the Wii versions is because I love the GUI so much. Very clean and professional. (Something that if the PS3 emulators ever get, I could possibly drop the Wii ones.)

5. the_randomizer

Member the_randomizer The Temp's official fox whisperer

United States
    I don't think anyone will optimize VbaGX to have a smoother framerate. If people can optimize a 64-bit R4300i CPU to run at mostly full speed on a Wii, that alone should give the people who program VbaGX some motivation to do the same.