Emulation gba emulator save onto r4 card?

llVeXXll

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Please help me no one on any other forums will reply!

I have a GBA emulator. If I start playing say, Pokemon Sapphire, and save it (there are lots of different options of dot this and dot that) on to an r4 card in the right place, will I then be able to access the save on my DS if I have Pokemon Sapphire on my r4 card?

Similarly if I had a DS emulator can I save the saves onto the card and then access them on the real DS?

I'm asking this because I cannot yet afford a DS but want to start playing as my friend has challenged me to a race with pokemon. Thanks.

llVeXXll

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks for the speedy reply
smile.gif
. Aww sucks, so I guess that means I just have to actually buy the GBA games and put them in the bottom of the DS.

Posts merged

Wait so what if it was a DS emulator and I was playing pokemon crystal, THEN could i transfer the save to my DS via the r4 card?

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
AGAIN, the R4 doesn't play GBA games.
It wouldn't matter if you transferred the saved data because the game itself will not play.

No slot-1 device plays GBA games, you need a GBA-slot (slot-2) flash cart to play GBA games.

Yes, though you might need to convert the save.
http://www.shunyweb.info/convert.php

llVeXXll

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks and sorry for the confusion lol. If I was to get a slot 2 flash card is there anything else I would need to put the saves from a GBA emulator on it then like that link for the slot 1?

llVeXXll

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ok so now I'm playing fire red on my gbs emulator and the game is fine and it's prompting me to save as .sg1.

However, half the game is in Japanese! It's perfectly playable it just says everything in English and then again in Japanese. Will this make a difference when I try to transfer the save/ the game onto a slot 2 flash card?? Thanks.

llVeXXll

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thankyou for all your advice and patience with me
smile.gif
. Ok just before I buy a slot 2 flash card, I realised the version of fire red I'm playing IS japanese, it's just had little bits of it translated. Will I still be able to convert my save OK?

seahorsepip

Trophies
Website
seahorsepip.deviantart.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
@llVeXXll
If you buy real game(legal way =P) then you can still use that sav on that gba card, there is an tool where you can flash the sav to an original gamecard
wink.gif

And no you can't flash gba games to an original gba cartridge they are read only
wink.gif

D

Deleted-236924

how_do_i_do_that said:
If you want to have a save file to use on a gba flashcart, from the emulator use:

FILE->EXPORT->BATTERY FILE

exporting_save_file.png

If your brain isn't developed enough to say that you want to move your gba pokemon to a nds pokemon game. Use Pokesav:

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=50498
I don't get why people would ever need to use that option.
Why not just set the right save type right from the start?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr