GBA emulator on gateway blue card real?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by fatboynate, Oct 31, 2014.

1. fatboynate
    OP

fatboynate Bringer of Freedom

Mar 10, 2014
    Chad
    File Hosts
    so now i have my gateway working with most of my games online, i was wondering, what if i wan tto play gba rom hacks or the normal roms, anyways i hit up youtube and i come across 2 videos 1 showing a dstwo using a gba emulator in ds mode or whatever its called, and the other used blue card from gateway to run a gba emulator... are these real? are they still around? if so where? and whom do i thank for creating such wonderfull homebrew if it exists?

2. endoverend

endoverend AKA zooksman

pip Contributor
    GBAtemp Patron
    endoverend is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jun 6, 2013
    United States
  3. fatboynate
    OP

Mar 10, 2014
    Chad
    File Hosts
    can i just change the extention of my roms? or is there a way to convert *.gba files to the *.agb format?

4. endoverend

endoverend AKA zooksman

pip Contributor
    GBAtemp Patron
    endoverend is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jun 6, 2013
    United States
    You should just be able to change the extension.

5. Lordjontan

Lordjontan GBAtemp Regular

Jun 16, 2013
    Colombia
    Is this a good emulator? I read long ago that was pretty slow but lately I've seen its mentioned a lot and I wonder if they have been improved

6. SSG Vegeta

SSG Vegeta GBAtemp Fan

Jul 25, 2013
    United States

The DSTWO one is real but as for the Blue Gateway Card I assume its fake

7. piratesephiroth

piratesephiroth I wish I could read

Sep 5, 2013
    Brazil
  8. Count Duckula

Count Duckula .

Aug 17, 2008
    Australia
    They're DS-mode emulators so you'll have to be OK with less than perfect speed and accuracy. It's not a very powerful host platform for emulation.
    The DSTwo emu can at least make use of the CPU in the DSTwo cart for a speedup. Still far from perfect.

If you really care for playing GBA games on a portable then you're still best off with a GBA/DS/DS lite and a EZ-Flash IV (or wait for Krikzz's upcoming GBA cart).

9. piratesephiroth

piratesephiroth I wish I could read

Sep 5, 2013
    Brazil
    Actually gbaemu4ds runs more or less fine, it's just that the developer got stuck on some bug he could not fix because of innacurate emulators.

10. alexenochs

alexenochs GBAtemp Fan

Aug 30, 2010
    United States
    Ok nate. The emulator runs some games at full speed but a lot of games either don't work or have major graphical issues also it seems your starting to post every question you have as a new thread that is highly frowned upon in this forum from now on please use the noob paradise thread to ask your questions instead of making a new topic

11. fatboynate
    OP

Mar 10, 2014
    Chad
    File Hosts
    alexenochs just seen the comment i will use the noob paradise, i just bmade a post prior to reading this one so could you delete the post please