GBA emulator for Slot 1 Card?

Discussion in 'NDS - Emulation and Homebrew' started by BurntChomsky, May 1, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BurntChomsky
    OP

BurntChomsky Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 28, 2008
    United States
    Hi there everyone.
    I just purchased a CycloDS card, which, as I'm sure most of you know, does not require a card in Slot 2 in order to run DS roms. However, I'm wondering if in buying only a slot 1 device, have I limited myself to the ability to only play homebrew and DS roms, or is it possible to either: 1. Download a GBA emulator to run from the CycloDS card OR 2. Download some sort of backwards Pass-me utility that would tell the DS to run GBA games from Slot1 ?
    Thanks for any help in advance.

2. putifreak

putifreak GBAtemp Regular

Jan 30, 2008
    Gambia, The
  3. pasc

pasc GBATemps official GBA Freak

Sep 9, 2006
    Gambia, The
    Germany
  4. Joe88

Joe88 [λ]

Jan 6, 2008
    United States
    NYC
  5. Fat D

Fat D GBAtemp Maniac

Nov 18, 2006
    Gambia, The
    probably a GBA Expansion pack could be considered a "backwards passme"... It goes into the GBA slot to run GBA code, although the method of operation is different.

6. BurntChomsky
    OP

BurntChomsky Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 28, 2008
    United States
    Alright, sounds like I need to get some new hardware if I want to play GBA games. Thanks for the replies, considering I'm a noob at this, I don't mind the flames.

Edit: However, I feel like my question was legit...its very possible that someone might have made a GBA emulator for slot 1 cards.

7. Joe88

Joe88 [λ]

Jan 6, 2008
    United States
    NYC
    theres stickys all over the place about it...

8. Bob Evil

Bob Evil The Department of Home-Made Insecurity

Sep 27, 2006
    Out of the corner of your eye
    Why should they bother to create emulation for something that is built right into the DS?

More effecive for people to buy a Slot-2 device, than for coders to program emulation ...

9. Sinkhead

Sinkhead yay p1ngpong.

Former Staff
    Nov 22, 2006
    Across the pond
    You got your answer in the first reply. Seriously, this question must get asked every other week... Learn to search!

Topic closed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.