GBA Emulator for LG A380 (Flip Phone)?

Discussion in 'GBA - Emulation' started by Marugi, Aug 21, 2014.

1. Marugi
    OP

Marugi Member

Newcomer
    Nov 19, 2013
    United States
    Hi there,
    I've been wondering if there was such thing as a GBA Emulator for my LG A380 Flip Phone. I know there probably isn't one, but I could use it. A quick reply would be appreciated.

-Marugi

2. Joe88

Joe88 [λ]

Jan 6, 2008
    United States
    NYC
    no, there was never one made, and the specs are too weak to run it anyway

3. Marugi
    OP

Marugi Member

Newcomer
    Nov 19, 2013
    United States
    oh.:mellow:
    thanks anyway.

4. DanTheManMS

DanTheManMS aka Ricochet Otter

Jun 2, 2007
    United States
    Georgia
    Your only real hope is to try the Java emulators that Vampent made years ago, and that's assuming the LG A380 supports the Java framework that most flip-phone apps use. PhoneScoop doesn't even know what type of CPU is in that phone. In any case, I can't seem to find the Java versions (not Nokia-specific versions) on Vampent's blog anymore, so I'd check out Archive.org's copy of vampent.com instead. In particular, this page of the GBA emulator: https://web.archive.org/web/20130320203223/http://www.vampent.com/vbag.htm

If nothing else, here's something you can use if you want to try his vNES emulator for phones, something tucked away in a .txt file on my hard drive. At this point I don't really consider this piracy. I had Super Mario Brothers running on my Sony-Ericsson w300i flip phone with only 2 frameskip! XD

5. Marugi
    OP

Marugi Member

Newcomer
    Nov 19, 2013
    United States
    Ok thanks! Do i just copy the .sis file onto my phone and open it?

6. Marugi
    OP

Marugi Member

Newcomer
    Nov 19, 2013
    United States
    So I just checked my phone and it has Uno on it (It came with the phone). The java version is CLDC 1.1 and MIDP 2.1.

7. DanTheManMS

DanTheManMS aka Ricochet Otter

Jun 2, 2007
    United States
    Georgia
    I'm actually not sure if that will work at all. I've never used the GBA one actually. I've used MEboy and vNES before, and they all produced *.jar files which I was able to just copy into my applications folder via a USB cable.