Philosolosophising
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
shaunj66 said:
I'm going to be testing this shortly and will provide videos
smile.gif

Nice, so this is still in development! I'm looking forward to seeing the vids mate.

Jacobeian

Trophies
XP
Country
Cuba
I seriously doubt there is a leaked "SDK" and even a real SDK at all for legit developpers, remember this is a video player after all, the ONLY software that is ever going to be developped for this is the firmware and also, it's not like there will be 3rd party developpers (which is the reason SDK are usually done) so it's more probably a set of proprietary tools only used internally by the company devs...

so, the only way to be able to compile code to run on that thing would be to have someone in the company giving you the necessary tools, which is very unlikely to happen considering how small the company is and how easy it would be to have its ass kicked (legally speaking)...

I'm not saying this project is a fake, just saying that if this is true, some people are going to have some real problems

DeltaBurnt

I'm bored
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Jacobeian said:
I seriously doubt there is a leaked "SDK" and even a real SDK at all for legit developpers, remember this is a video player after all, the ONLY software that is ever going to be developped for this is the firmware and also, it's not like there will be 3rd party developpers (which is the reason SDK are usually done) so it's more probably a set of proprietary tools only used internally by the company devs...

so, the only way to be able to compile code to run on that thing would be to have someone in the company giving you the necessary tools, which is very unlikely to happen considering how small the company is and how easy it would be to have its ass kicked (legally speaking)...

I'm not saying this project is a fake, just saying that if this is true, some people are going to have some real problems

Check the front page. Unless this is some really fucking early April's fools joke I don't think gbatemp would be in on this and pretend that it's real when it's not.

Anyways I have no intention of getting an iplayer. While this is really cool it's not much of a big leap, this is really only good for people who don't want to buy a slot-2 expansion and really buying the iplayer is basically the same thing because most people I bet don't even have one.

If anything buying a slot-2 expansion for your flashcart is cheaper and better because you have both NDS rom's and gba rom's instead of just gba roms and lots of video stuff. I'm fairly certain the EZ Flash 3-in-1 is cheaper than an iplayer.

The only benefit this gives in GBA on DSi and for people who just happen to have an iplayer and are too cheap to shell out for a 3-in-1. And still by this time this is fully perfected I bet DSi-mode will be unlocked to an extent and a gba emulator will be in the works.

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
If I'm not mistaken, the DSi is not as powerful as a DS running an iPlayer (or DSi in DS mode with iPlayer)

This pretty much makes the iPlayer the perfect emulation solution for the DS/DSi, GBA aside we could expect very good SNES emulation and Megadrive emulation.

DeltaBurnt

I'm bored
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
RupeeClock said:
If I'm not mistaken, the DSi is not as powerful as a DS running an iPlayer (or DSi in DS mode with iPlayer)

This pretty much makes the iPlayer the perfect emulation solution for the DS/DSi, GBA aside we could expect very good SNES emulation and Megadrive emulation.

That may be so but people may make RAM expansions and such for slot-1 flashcarts made for the DSi (not exactly sure if that's possible, hackers will need to figure more out about the DSi to determine that).

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Shinintendo said:
Something wicked this way come!
moogle.gif

That's for the people who said there never will be gba emulator on the dsi.
now you eat your words
yaynds.gif

I wish noobs would stop saying this. There's still no gba emulator for the ds/dsi, nor is there a gba emulator for slot-1 carts. There's an emulator for the iPlayer, it will only run on the iPlayer because of the extra hardware. Saying "now eat your words" just makes you look like a tit because nobody who said "No GBA emulator on the DSi" was wrong, there still is no GBA emulator for the DSi.

DeltaBurnt

I'm bored
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
TrolleyDave said:
Shinintendo said:
Something wicked this way come!
moogle.gif

That's for the people who said there never will be gba emulator on the dsi.
now you eat your words
yaynds.gif

I wish noobs would stop saying this. There's still no gba emulator for the ds/dsi, nor is there a gba emulator for slot-1 carts. There's an emulator for the iPlayer, it will only run on the iPlayer because of the extra hardware. Saying "now eat your words" just makes you look like a tit because nobody who said "No GBA emulator on the DSi" was wrong, there still is no GBA emulator for the DSi.

It's probably cheaper than buy a 3-in-1 and than buy and iplayer too >.>

DeltaBurnt

I'm bored
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
TrolleyDave said:
DeltaBurnt said:
It's probably cheaper than buy a 3-in-1 and than buy and iplayer too >.>

Um what exactly are you trying to say there?

That when people realize it's not for the DSi and it's for the iplayer they may try to buy an iplayer but a 3-in-1 is cheaper and probably would work better too...unless you truly want emulated gba games on your DSi on an iplayer.

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mentioned that a few days ago the announcement thread

various flashable slot-2 carts (EZ Flash 3-in-1, M3 GBA EXP PAK, EWIN pak) are all pretty much $20
good if you have a DSL or DS, also many of these carts are starting to have built in support in the native carts firmware (3-in-1 with CycloDS, with AK2+AKAIO, with EZ Flash V | M3 GBA Exp Pak with M3 Real / M3i Zero [EWIN used to work with M3 Real however M3 put new encryption on the firmware to block the EWIN pak from native GBA booting])
can always be in your DS, doesnt require a another MicroSD

the iplayer is around $35 though
cant boot any roms, must take out your slot-1 cart to use, and may have to use a different microsd card
good for people with a DSi or peole who already bought a iplayer and have have other DS (I would assume they would have already bought a exp pak though if they wanted to play GBA games by this time...)
drains the battery alot quicker

theres bit of pro's and cons for each

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/WOppJ92RgGU?si=KE79L6A_3jESsGQM