Homebrew GBA Emulation

leavemealone347

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys. I'm using the latest GBAExploader .56 at this time. I am trying to erase the latest F-Zero game from NOR and replace it with Kingdom Hearts but GBAExploder keeps freezing on 75% complete when trying to erase NOR. This is the first time I have tried to erase NOR so I am not sure if it has ever worked properly.

I posted this in the EZFlash forums but it is very slow there and I really would like an answer before I pay to ship it back to Real Hot Stuff.

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
a few google searches shows me that the game should work on the 3-in-1 and does indeed require being flashed to NOR. you can flash and play other games into NOR correct? any games to large for PSRAM, flash one over and double check that it runs and saves correctly. That is the only way you are going to be able to debug your 3-in-1. If it works then the issue is not with your 3-in-1 but with your copy of Kingdom Hearts. Can you verify your rom against a DAT file to make sure it is a clean dump? Otherwise if you can't (or don't know how) just grab another file (if you can) and give that one a try.

goodluck,
-another world

Destructobot

Crave the Hammer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
A problem with the rom wouldn't cause this. Generally, problems with corrupted files/memory cards show up while data is being written to NOR, after the erase process. If the problem is occurring while the NOR is being erased, then it is probably caused by a hardware failure.

I'd say format the memory card, and try a different game (it must be 32MB like Kingdom Hearts, or the NOR won't be erased out to the point where the problem is occurring). I doubt it will help, but there isn't much else to try. If you still have the problem then the 3-in-1 is probably defective.

If the problem occurs during the write process after the NOR has been erased, that's a totally different issue. A reformat would probably fix it.

leavemealone347

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Destructobot said:
A problem with the rom wouldn't cause this. Generally, problems with corrupted files/memory cards show up while data is being written to NOR, after the erase process. If the problem is occurring while the NOR is being erased, then it is probably caused by a hardware failure.

I'd say format the memory card, and try a different game (it must be 32MB like Kingdom Hearts, or the NOR won't be erased out to the point where the problem is occurring). I doubt it will help, but there isn't much else to try. If you still have the problem then the 3-in-1 is probably defective.

If the problem occurs during the write process after the NOR has been erased, that's a totally different issue. A reformat would probably fix it.
Ok I just formatted my memory card and it still freezes at 75% even with a different game and then again with a different Kingdom Hearts dump. Guess I should mail it back to RHS...
frown.gif

Thanks guys.

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
what are some 32meg gba games? i actaully haven't used the NOR in my 3-in-1 but now i think i should give it a few flashes to check that its all a'ok.

i know now its the file size * 8 = the size.
4 * 8 = 32, 8 * 8 = 64 etc.

time to give it a try

-another world

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: how are you @SylverReZ