GBA emulation

aofelix

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey guys, in terms of playing GBA games, whats the best way?

I don't know whether to buy a DS Lite+ Flash Cart.. which flash cart to get?

or to buy a device which can emulate them? I want to play stuff like Golden Sun so pretty intense for a small device (example, PSP can't do it, DSTWO still emulates it slow).

Any suggestions?

prowler

Sony
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
psp-go-handson_1416047c.jpg

They go for like £50 (lower if you can get a good bid) on eBay. It can play Golden Sun, I don't know why you think it can't?

aofelix

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Are you being sarcastic? You could be correct but I've googled around and most people say golden sun doesn't reach full speed on the PSP :(

Sakitoshi

GBAtemp Official Lolimaster
Trophies
Website
sakiheru.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Chile
those posts are outdated, gpSP Kai 3.5 mod(I think that's the lastest version) can emulate Golden Sun no problem, and so does TempGBA on the DSTwo.

Now you are talking about the best way to play GBA. to achieve that you better get a EZ-Flash IV and a GBA SP AGS-101 or GB Micro or a modded classic GBA with backlight.

Reactions: Skull Kiddo

aofelix

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hmmm are there any good GBA PC emulators which upscale/sharpen/smooth the graphics or improve them so they're playable on a TV?

FailName

░▒▓█▓▒░
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I want to play stuff like Golden Sun so pretty intense for a small device (example, PSP can't do it, DSTWO still emulates it slow).
Have you tried TempGBA on a DSTWO, or TempGBA4PSP on, well, a psp? They run Golden Sun games better, and I think they weren't made until some time after that thread you linked to.

The Golden Sun games have become much better, with Golden Sun and Golden Sun 2 being perfect at auto frameskip and slight crackling at lower manual frameskips.

Filetrip said:
TempGBA4PSP is the most recent GBA emulator for the PSP, and has superior compatibility with most problematic games (Golden Sun, for example).

Catastrophic

Perfectly Normal
Trophies
XP
Country
If you're looking to play the games on the go, then the best solution would be an AGS-101 with an EZ4. If you simply want to play the games, then you could hook up a computer to a TV, hook a controller to the computer and play the game with the right filters and resolutions. I once tried emulating SNES games this way and they looked just fine, so I can't see why GBA games wouldn't.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Mkay.