GBA emulation problems

Discussion in 'NDS - Emulation and Homebrew' started by xsa, Jan 20, 2007.

Jan 20, 2007

GBA emulation problems by xsa at 6:52 AM (1,023 Views / 0 Likes) 8 replies

1. xsa
    OP

Newcomer xsa Newbie

Sweden
    I'm having trouble loading any non-ds backup games for my M3 adapter. My NDSL is flashed with latest from m3adapters homepage and I've used the M3 game manager tool to copy over the backups in pretty much every way possible. Zipped, unzipped, all different gba patch settings, different folders on the flashcard. Trying to boot the backups from the standard GBA-movie player. Any advice on anything I could/should try before going to where I got the M3 adapter from and asking them to check it out for me? Double checked the receipt and it says I bought the adapter capable of handling GBA roms.

Any help appreciated.

2. Firon

Member Firon GBAtemp Regular

United States
    You did actually boot into GBA mode, didn't you?

3. Veho

Global Moderator Veho The man who cried "Ni".

Croatia
    A flashed DS automatically boots into DS mode, and you can only run GBA games in GBA mode. You have to boot the DS in GBA mode, and then run the games. You can find out how in the Flashme readme.

4. APPS

Newcomer APPS Member

United Kingdom
    Also, dont know if this is a bit obvious, but the M3 simply cant play GBA so if your using it, thats your problem right their...

5. Veho

Croatia
    I think it's a Slot2 version. One of the Slot2 versions.

6. xsa
    OP

Newcomer xsa Newbie

Sweden
    Ya, using the slot 2-version which states both on their homepage, confirmed with screens the significant details of the adapter, and yes, I'm trying to boot the gba games from the GBA mode.

Guessing it's either a faulty adapter somehow or that my NDSL got borked with the flashing, somehow. Stranger things have happened. It's a completely new NDSL, but havn't managed to find anything about different releases of them having different effects on the adapters/flashing like the PSP.

7. Veho

Croatia
    What is the card's full name, and how much did it cost? Maybe they shipped you the M3 Pro.

EDIT: Forget the cost, it's veeery different from country to country...

8. xsa
    OP

Newcomer xsa Newbie

Sweden
    Full name is M3 LITE Professional
    Then it says in tiny letters NDS&NDSL above Movie Player.

SD Micro version.

Was skeptic about the Professional part first, hence why I contacted those who sold it to me but they said it's supposed to say that on the newest M3 card. Might be it though, not thought of it much since I asked.

----------

Apparently on the ndscard webpage it says the one I have is the one that can only play 32Mbit GBA games, guess that's why. And ye, I ordered the more expensive one. Luckily they have a shop that's open all days in Sweden since it's not illegal to sell this kind of stuff. [​IMG] My carelessness I guess. :/ Thanks for help.

9. Veho

Croatia
    Um, the M3 Professional can't play GBA ROMs. It doesn't have the neccessairy RAM. I suggest you return it claiming false advertising (or massive incompetence on their part).

EDIT: Or put it in a microwave for a second. That will destroy the electronics, but won't melt the plastic. Then return it under warranty.

EDIT EDIT: Um, maybe not.