Hacking GBA emulation on DSTwo - The shape of things to come?

JamesWames

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
So, I read recently that the source code for the GBA emulator was released for the DSTwo. What does this mean exactly? Does it mean GBA emulation will improve on the DS?

So far I've been pretty impressed with GBA emulation on the DS. I haven't tried a whole lot of games, but found that FF6 actually works better on the DS than the PSP due to problems with glitches on GPSP. Are some GBA games more compatable with the DS for some reason?

Thanks to those who respond, in advance.

metroid maniac

An idiot with an opinion
Trophies
XP
Country
This means the code that was used to construct the GBA emulator is now available for everyone, and anyone can modify or edit it. It may mean community editions of the GBA emulator perform better thanks to more people being able to write code.
In general PSP emulates GBA better than the DS does, but it would not be too big of a surprise for one or two games to do better on a DS.

Deleted member 319809

MAH BOI/GURL
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I only saw this because of the recent threads box. It should go into /NDS/Flashcarts/Supercard, and it's related to /NDS/3DS only in how the Supercard DSTwo is one of the only flashcards that can run on the 3DS.

Anyway, the source code being available means that I can put CATSFC GUI changes into it almost verbatim and release an improved plugin, something I couldn't do before. But also, anyone can now submit code to the project in order to improve the emulation of certain games, if they know how to do so. (gpSP is a very messy codebase, so one needs lots of patience to implement something.)

See the emulator's thread, /NDS/Flashcarts/Supercard/TempGBA: NDSGBA revival, for more.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    The snack that smiles back, Ballsack!
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: well, after a day of pain, i'm gonna catch some zs