Hacking GBA emulation on 3DS with Supercard DSTwo

lolcifer

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys,

Sorry if this has been asked before, but I've searched the forums and can't find this question. When I play NDSGBA through my Supercard on the 3DS (standard, not XL) the video displays with a small black border on all edges. It scaled properly on my DS lite. This is NOT the same as the old DS backwards compatibility problems in which a small black border was displayed on both screens. The controls on the touch screen are fine, but the top screen has bars all around. Again, this is specifically regarding GBA emulation through NDSGBA on the 3DS.

I know that I won't be able to stretch from left to right, but I would like for it to scale properly so that it hits the top and bottom of the screen. Am I just missing a setting? Please don't reply if you haven't actually used this software on this card with this system, thanks. I see far too many "derp have you tried this?" when the person asking clearly has never used the software or hardware in question.

Thanks!

DiscostewSM

Trophies
Website
lazerlight.x10.mx
XP
Country
United States
It has bars on all sides because 1) the Supercard is running under DS mode (which explains the left-right sides and 2) GBA games do not have as many vertical lines so it won't scale the entire vertical area when trying to keep the aspect ration the same (which accounts for the upper-lower bars).

lolcifer

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It has bars on all sides because 1) the Supercard is running under DS mode (which explains the left-right sides and 2) GBA games do not have as many vertical lines so it won't scale the entire vertical area when trying to keep the aspect ration the same (which accounts for the upper-lower bars).

You know, I guess I should have re-checked on my DS before posting. After you replied, I thought "Well that still doesn't make sense, since it scaled properly on the DS" but what do you know, I put it back in there and yep, black borders.

That being said, is there another GBA emulator that works for the Supercard DSTwo (specifically, one which scales away the black bars on top and bottom)? I really only want to play Minish Cap. Unfortunately, I can't get a copy of the VC version since I wasn't an "ambassador" although I'd happily pay for it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BjK2lPBzGzo