Emulation GBA emulation Help-Trading Pokemon from one system to another

WarMachine77

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello everyone,

I haven't been into the Pokemon scene since Gold and Silver. I recently started playing Pokemon Ruby, and much to my frustration, I found that I can't catch many Pokemon that I like...so I tried to follow this tutorial, many, many times;

http://endlessparadigm.com/forum/showthrea...1899&page=1

I tried to use .sav and .sgm files from my VBAGX folder from the USB i use to run the Homebrew Channel. I can't seem to boot anything from my Ruby progress, and I really don't want to start again. Can somebody please help?

Thanks,

WarMachine77

how_do_i_do_that

Blue Wizard is about to die.
Trophies
You have insufficient posts to view user location.
XP
Country
Antarctica
You will have to use the pokepatch to patch your DS rom to see the 3in1. Wiether cory will update for HG/SS is up to him.

http://nds.cmamod.com/

That is a DS problem, not a GBA problem.

In VBA, use the import/export function.

As for the whole import issue, it is faster to hack yourself the pokemon you need or have from a GBA game. For that you need to use Pokesav, Wiether that supports HG/SS is up to the programmer.

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=50498

Other than that, your progress in Ruby has little to due with the problems you have migrating your stuff.

D

Deleted-236924

I believe you didn't answer the question there.
He didn't even ask about HG/SS, too. Didn't ask about the DS, either.

VBAGX is a GBA emulator for the Wii. Kinda obvious since he mentions Homebrew Channel, and a quick search on google would have shown this.

Question: Are save files in the raw format on VBAGX?
If so, get NO$GBA for the PC.
First thing to do is edit the NO$GBA.INI file to change "SAV/SNA Type == Compressed" to "SAV/SNA Type == Raw"
Put your Ruby .sav file in the BATTERY folder, and put the .sav file of the other game in there as well
(File extension for second save file should be .sv2)
Next, load your Ruby game as normal. Once it is loaded, click "File --> Cartridge menu (FileName)"
From the drop-down list on the bottom, select "2nd machine" and uncheck "Autostart cartridge", then load your second game.

Voilà, the two games will be linked together. If the save files are named correctly and have the correct extensions, you should be able to access the save file in both roms and trade between them.

WarMachine77

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pingouin7 said:
I believe you didn't answer the question there.
He didn't even ask about HG/SS, too. Didn't ask about the DS, either.

VBAGX is a GBA emulator for the Wii. Kinda obvious since he mentions Homebrew Channel, and a quick search on google would have shown this.

Question: Are save files in the raw format on VBAGX?
If so, get NO$GBA for the PC.
First thing to do is edit the NO$GBA.INI file to change "SAV/SNA Type == Compressed" to "SAV/SNA Type == Raw"
Put your Ruby .sav file in the BATTERY folder, and put the .sav file of the other game in there as well
(File extension for second save file should be .sv2)
Next, load your Ruby game as normal. Once it is loaded, click "File --> Cartridge menu (FileName)"
From the drop-down list on the bottom, select "2nd machine" and uncheck "Autostart cartridge", then load your second game.

Voilà, the two games will be linked together. If the save files are named correctly and have the correct extensions, you should be able to access the save file in both roms and trade between them.

This is a really good response...however, I can't seem to find an .INI file at all. I went to the offical homepage of NoCash and yeah...when I extracted this file, this is all I got;

b6271g.png

So now, I'm really lost...

EDIT: I've attempted to create my own .INI file using information provided on this website;

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/521380

I put the .sav file from Ruby into the battery folder, however, it does not appear to retain any of my save data whenever I open up Ruby..the two games I am trying to trade in are Ruby and FireRed if that helps anyone..also, If I've already started progress in VBA on FireRed, is there any way to import the save data from that? I've already saved in game, but have no actual .sav files. Instead I have an .SGM file, an .sa1 file, an .sa2 file, and an .SG1 file. I've read somewhere that I have to rename them .sav files...please help..

WarMachine77

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright, saving the settings seemed to generate the .INI file, however, the game still doesn't seem to want to boot up my .SAV file...whenever I open Ruby, it asks if I want to start a new game...

WarMachine77

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ah...I tried doing that, and running every instance of 64k provided (saving it as well), but all I get is a gray screen now..

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/IihvJBjUpNE?si=CsvoEbwzNKFf0GAm cool