GBA Elink problem - please help!

Discussion in 'GBA - Flashing Hardware and Software' started by danielgardino, Dec 19, 2007.

Dec 19, 2007
  1. danielgardino
    OP

Newcomer danielgardino Member

United States
    Hello guys. I´m new to this flash card scene and recently bought a GBA Elink 512M. It´s a nice product and it worked fine, until I upgraded the card´s firmware (the software does it automatically) from version 3.1 to 3.3. In this new version, the message "SMS Saving ... Do not turn off power!" appears every time I turn the GBA on, and then it goes on to the game menu. Problem is, after I wrote a SMS file to the card using the Elink software (it was a Goomba Color save), Elink started to show ramdom boot errors at start. The initial message "SMS Saving ... Do not turn off power!" keeps showing and the card doesn´t go directly to game menu. So solve this, I have to turn off GBA and turn it on again until the card goes right to menu screen. I don´t know what may be wrong - if it is the card or the firmware - so I came here to ask for some help. Does anybody here has Elink and/or experienced a similar problem? Is there a way to test my card? Thanks!

2. BDBARNES

Newcomer BDBARNES Member

United States
    HEY BDBARNES HERE, I JUST ORDERED AN ELINK AND IF U EVER FOUND OUT THE PROMBLEM SOLUTION ,,PLEASE LET ME KNOW & ALSO ,NOT TO SEEM TO IGNORANT ,CAN U WALK ME THROUGH THE ACTUAL SET UP AND DOWNLOADING OF THE GAMES OF YOUR CHOICE OR THE BASIC TO DO AFTER INSERTING CLIENT CD, I KNOW U HAVE TO DELETE ALL THE GAMES TO DOWNLOAD THE NEW SET ,BUT ALL I kNOW IS WHAT I READ AND GLIMPSED , PLEASE REPLY asaspASAP.brandondionbarnes@yahoo.com

3. NeSchn

Member NeSchn GBAPimpdaddy.

United States
    COULD YOU PLEASE STOP TALKING IN CAPS!

Thank you.