GBA Elink problem - please help!

Discussion in 'GBA - Flashing Hardware and Software' started by danielgardino, Dec 19, 2007.

1. danielgardino
    OP

danielgardino Member

Newcomer
    Dec 18, 2007
    United States
    Hello guys. I´m new to this flash card scene and recently bought a GBA Elink 512M. It´s a nice product and it worked fine, until I upgraded the card´s firmware (the software does it automatically) from version 3.1 to 3.3. In this new version, the message "SMS Saving ... Do not turn off power!" appears every time I turn the GBA on, and then it goes on to the game menu. Problem is, after I wrote a SMS file to the card using the Elink software (it was a Goomba Color save), Elink started to show ramdom boot errors at start. The initial message "SMS Saving ... Do not turn off power!" keeps showing and the card doesn´t go directly to game menu. So solve this, I have to turn off GBA and turn it on again until the card goes right to menu screen. I don´t know what may be wrong - if it is the card or the firmware - so I came here to ask for some help. Does anybody here has Elink and/or experienced a similar problem? Is there a way to test my card? Thanks!

2. BDBARNES

BDBARNES Member

Newcomer
    Feb 14, 2008
    United States
    HEY BDBARNES HERE, I JUST ORDERED AN ELINK AND IF U EVER FOUND OUT THE PROMBLEM SOLUTION ,,PLEASE LET ME KNOW & ALSO ,NOT TO SEEM TO IGNORANT ,CAN U WALK ME THROUGH THE ACTUAL SET UP AND DOWNLOADING OF THE GAMES OF YOUR CHOICE OR THE BASIC TO DO AFTER INSERTING CLIENT CD, I KNOW U HAVE TO DELETE ALL THE GAMES TO DOWNLOAD THE NEW SET ,BUT ALL I kNOW IS WHAT I READ AND GLIMPSED , PLEASE REPLY asaspASAP.brandondionbarnes@yahoo.com

3. NeSchn

NeSchn GBAPimpdaddy.

Oct 4, 2007
    United States
    Troy,New York PimpStatus: King
    COULD YOU PLEASE STOP TALKING IN CAPS!

Thank you.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice