ROM Hack GBA Doom wad conversions (open for suggestions!)

Adrian-E-C

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
doom 4 for gba is a thing now.. i'm speechless, and have literally no comment. The fact that I replaced the sounds and it worked, just boggles me to no end!

-edit i fixed the imp animation when falling to the ground, and the monster roaming sound shouldnt sound like explosions anymore.

-edit2 I fixed the gibbing animation which caused the game to crash
Holy crap this is just wonderful! Aside from DOOM: The Mercenaries, this is my fav DOOM wad out there. And it runs incredibly well on my Everdrive!

If anyone ever finds a way to get The Mercenaries running (I remember someone in this thread saying it wasn't possible, but they also said DOOM 4 Vanilla wasn't possible) I would actually poop my pants!

Nikokaro

Lost philosopher... searching for a way out...
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hi. Unfortunately, it's been a while since the author has posted new messages or uploaded new converted wads. I too am waiting for some news.

this is my fav DOOM wad out there. And it runs incredibly well on my Everdrive!
I agree. It's also my favorite on my gba SuperCard; and it's the only one, so far, with new enemies and weapons.

If anyone ever finds a way to get The Mercenaries running (I remember someone in this thread saying it wasn't possible...
You may be referring to me, but the author didn't contradict me. So, I guess you already assume what the answer is.

Adrian-E-C

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi. Unfortunately, it's been a while since the author has posted new messages or uploaded new converted wads. I too am waiting for some news.

I agree. It's also my favorite on my gba SuperCard; and it's the only one, so far, with new enemies and weapons.

You may be referring to me, but the author didn't contradict me. So, I guess you already assume what the answer is.
Yeah if that was your comment then probably am referring to you. Though if someone ever got the mercenaries running on GBA...it would be a dream come true. I was always sad that the GBA never got a legit survival horror game, so I guess that would be as close as we'd ever get :)

Nikokaro

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Is this GZDOOM Zombies Ate My Neighbours conversion possible with the GBA DOOM port?
You answered yourself. If it was created for GZDoom it cannot be compatible with PrBoom port on GBA.^_^

I was waiting for the author of this thread to answer but he hasn't been seen for a while...I hope he's ok, I thank him again for what he gave us and I greet him sincerely.:)

Bazooka_Face

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry to bump this thread, but I am announcing that any suggestions for wads will be put on hold for now, since I am no longer modding gba doom for now. This thread should be considered dead (if you ddint notice the lack of activity from me), and it was fun throughout the time doing all of this work. I hope you guys enjoyed my ports to gba!

Reactions: Xuio and Nikokaro

Adrian-E-C

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry to bump this thread, but I am announcing that any suggestions for wads will be put on hold for now, since I am no longer modding gba doom for now. This thread should be considered dead (if you ddint notice the lack of activity from me), and it was fun throughout the time doing all of this work. I hope you guys enjoyed my ports to gba!
You did awesome work, and actually gave me a reason to play my GBA again (not that it was that hard to convince me). Thank you for your efforts!

Nikokaro

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Just noticed this existed gonna have to try out at least Doom the way id did. Very nice. =)
As you can see, there is no legal problem in distributing Doom wads in xdelta format or as a whole gba rom, as the OP of this thread has already done plentiful times.:)

Doomplayer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you so much, prBOOM on the GBA is weirdly amazing

Comtar

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is this thread really dead? I am the maker of the Doom2X-treme and Doom2X-treme GOLD and I would love to have my games on GBA. Anyway this could PLEASE be done for me?

Reactions: Bazooka_Face

RetroGamer02

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Is this thread really dead? I am the maker of the Doom2X-treme and Doom2X-treme GOLD and I would love to have my games on GBA. Anyway this could PLEASE be done for me?
I'm not op but if the maps are not ram heavy I could maybe give it a shot. I still need to get FreeDoom fully working on GBA though and I just have not been up to editing the maps recently. So I could give it a quick try if you want but if the maps need to be reduced in complexity it would either have to wait or you could maybe do that part your self being the maker of them.

Edit: GBADoom does not support dehacked files it would be a pain to get running sorry. =(

Last edited by RetroGamer02,
Reactions: Nikokaro

Bazooka_Face

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Unfortunately, this wad uses dehacked. It wont work properly without it, since the gba port doesnt support dehacked files. However, I'm getting back into from, so this thread is no longer dead, and I can take submissions for mods that DONT USE DEHACKED FILES.

Nikokaro

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
The thread no longer dead, I can take submissions for mods that dont use dehacked files
I'm glad you're back on your project of converting classic, vanilla Doom megawads. This will make many of your fans happy, including yours truly, who have been following your work with interest and waiting with curiosity and trepidation for each of your new creations. :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: :discuss: