ROM Hack GBA Doom wad conversions (open for suggestions!)

Bazooka_Face

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
doom 4 for gba is a thing now.. i'm speechless, and have literally no comment. The fact that I replaced the sounds and it worked, just boggles me to no end!

-edit i fixed the imp animation when falling to the ground, and the monster roaming sound shouldnt sound like explosions anymore.

-edit2 I fixed the gibbing animation which caused the game to crash

Attachments

• doom 4 v.rar
    9.3 MB · Views: 201
Last edited by Bazooka_Face,

Nikokaro

Lost philosopher... searching for a way out...
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
doom 4 for gba is a thing now..
Technically speaking, this would not be a megawad but a graphic mod: these are the classic levels of Doom1 but with new enemy sprites, new weapons and new objects.

I can't believe my eyes that it works on real hardware!
It was just what was missing in this legendary collection!:)

Reactions: flatgba

flatgba

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Technically speaking, this would not be a megawad but a graphic mod: these are the classic levels of Doom1 but with new enemy sprites, new weapons and new objects.

I can't believe my eyes that it works on real hardware!
It was just what was missing in this legendary collection!:)

Yea!!!!!! I can't believe it!

This is absolutely amazing. Thank you so much Bazooka_Face for this and all the other conversions!

It seems that the game freezes when a barrel explodes but still, this is extremely amazing just to see it run on the GBA! :)

Bazooka_Face

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yea!!!!!! I can't believe it!

This is absolutely amazing. Thank you so much Bazooka_Face for this and all the other conversions!

It seems that the game freezes when a barrel explodes but still, this is extremely amazing just to see it run on the GBA! :)

I was going to look into that today and fix it, tanks for the feedback!

Nikokaro

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
It seems that the game freezes when a barrel explodes
I have attached a short zipped video to show that after the explosion the game does not crash.

I still don't understand why on DS Lite (slot2) some games work that with GBA/GBA SP have problems: the compatibility of the second DS CPU should be identical to the main GBA CPU.
Maybe the answer lies in my gba-flashcart (SuperCard microSD) and its pc conversion software: evidently it is not as shoddy as rumored... :unsure:

Attachments

• Doom4_on_DS.zip
    3 MB · Views: 153
Last edited by Nikokaro,

flatgba

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have attached a short zipped video to show that after the explosion the game does not crash.

I still don't understand why on DS Lite (slot2) some games work that with GBA/GBA SP have problems: the compatibility of the second DS CPU should be identical to the main GBA CPU.
Maybe the answer lies in my gba-flashcart (SuperCard microSD) and its pc conversion software: evidently it is not as shoddy as rumored... :unsure:

Thanks for the video.

The barrel on the first map seems to not freeze, but some barrels on the second map, and definitely the barrel in the left room (in front of the window that has the blue sphere health powerup on the third map) causes the freeze after exploding.

Hmm..dunno what it could be. Some users of Supercard have pointed out that certain games can run fine on it that otherwise seem to not work correctly on other cards.

Reactions: Nikokaro

Nikokaro

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
The barrel on the first map seems to not freeze, but some barrels on the second map, and definitely the barrel in the left room (in front of the window that has the blue sphere health powerup on the third map) causes the freeze after exploding.
As for me, I got to map4 and blew up all the barrels of the previous maps without any crash/freeze.:P

Nikokaro

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Well then I need the Pink DS Lite with a Supercard in it. :D
Perhaps it also depends on the fact that I use the easiest difficulty level, and there are fewer enemies at the same time, there are fewer sound effects at the same time and it uses a little less ram memory...:unsure:

P.S. Laughing and joking, and saying some stupid thing, this thread has reached 70 messages after a short time ...:rofl2:

Last edited by Nikokaro,

flatgba

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Perhaps it also depends on the fact that I use the easiest difficulty level, and there are fewer enemies at the same time, there are fewer sound effects at the same time and it uses a little less ram memory...:unsure:

I have now just tried it on the easiest difficulty level with the same results (freeze). :unsure:

Last edited by flatgba,

Bazooka_Face

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Finally a freeze happened to me too: about in the middle of map5 shooting a barrel, which blew up a nearby one, which crushed 2 enemies at the same time.:wacko:
Alright, i finally got down to fixing this issue, it was a gibbing animation that was causing the game to crash. It should work just fine now.

flatgba

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Alright, i finally got down to fixing this issue, it was a gibbing animation that was causing the game to crash. It should work just fine now.

Wow, tons of thanks for the fix!

Thank you!!!!!

Some time ago when prboom gba was released, someone on a channel demonstrated a CounterStrike conversion on the gba that worked with modded weapons and enemies.

The game would only crash when pressing the exit switch of a map (but could still switch levels using the next map cheat code).

It was the same wad used in this PSP "Counterstrike port" but I can't seem to locate the wad.

countercaptura.JPG

Maybe the exit switch freeze in this one can be fixed as well?

Bazooka_Face

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow, tons of thanks for the fix!

Thank you!!!!!

Some time ago when prboom gba was released, someone on a channel demonstrated a CounterStrike conversion on the gba that worked with modded weapons and enemies.

The game would only crash when pressing the exit switch of a map (but could still switch levels using the next map cheat code).

It was the same wad used in this PSP "Counterstrike port" but I can't seem to locate the wad.

countercaptura.JPG

Maybe the exit switch freeze in this one can be fixed as well?

If you can find the wad, yes it can be fixed!

Nikokaro

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
It should work just fine now
New report on Doom4.:)
Reached level e1m8, there are 2 guardians / minotaurs whose sprites flash and alternate between original version and new version; when they die they collapse and then come back to their feet but motionless.:unsure:

Then activated the staircase, you arrive in a dark room, surrounded by enemies and on the lava or acid, from which there is no exit: is this normal?:O

Last edited by Nikokaro,

Bazooka_Face

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
New report on Doom4.:)
Reached level e1m8, there are 2 guardians / minotaurs whose sprites flash and alternate between original version and new version; when they die they collapse and then come back to their feet but motionless.:unsure:

Then activated the staircase, you arrive in a dark room, surrounded by enemies and on the lava or acid, from which there is no exit: is this normal?:O
The scripted death at the end is normal, the baron death is not.

Nikokaro

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
If I haven't bored you :), and if I'm still allowed to give you another suggestion, recently came to my mind the good, old HACX, one of the first Total Conversions for Doom 2, which, in addition to being freeware, is (using ver. 1.2) compatible with Chocolate, Edge and other source ports (I assume also PrBoom). Contains new graphics, new textures, new weapons and enemies.

For your convenience I am attaching below the aforementioned, freeware, Hacx1.2.wad, if you are interested.

If you will succeed in the arduous task of porting It on gba, you will deserve the title of benefactor of humanity...:bow:

Attachments

• HACX12.7z
    5.6 MB · Views: 156
Last edited by Nikokaro,

flatgba

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
If I haven't bored you :), and if I'm still allowed to give you another suggestion, recently came to my mind the good, old HACX, one of the first Total Conversions for Doom 2, which, in addition to being freeware, is (using ver. 1.2) compatible with Chocolate, Edge and other source ports (I assume also PrBoom). Contains new graphics, new textures, new weapons and enemies.

For your convenience I am attaching below the aforementioned, freeware, Hacx1.2.wad, if you are interested.

If you will succeed in the arduous task of porting It on gba, you will deserve the title of benefactor of humanity...:bow:

Yeah that would be awesome! But HACX is probably too much for the limitations of gba prboom. :unsure:

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it wasn't a question, it was fact
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    He said he had 3 different doctors apt this week, so he prob there. Something about gerbal extraction, I don't know.
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    bored, guess i'll spread more democracy
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    @K3Nv2 one more time you say such bs to @BakerMan and I'll smack you across the whole planet
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Make sure you smack my booty daddy
    +1
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    telling him that my partner is luke...does he look like someone with such big ne
    eds?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    do you really think I could stand living with someone like luke?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    I suppose luke has "special needs" but he's not my partner, did you just say that to piss me off again?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    besides I had bigger worries today
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    but what do you know about that, you won't believe me anyways
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa can answer that
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    BigOnYa already left the chat
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Biginya
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Auto correct got me, I'm on my tablet, i need to turn that shit off
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    With other tabs open you perv
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm actually in my shed, bout to cut 2-3 acres of grass, my back yard.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I use to have a guy for that thanks richard
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I use my tablet to stream to a bluetooth speaker when in shed. iHeartRadio, FlyNation
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    While the victims are being buried
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Grave shovel
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh those goto the edge of the property (maybe just on the other side of)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    On the neighbors side
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yup, by the weird smelly green bushy looking plants.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.the-sun.com/news/10907833/self-checkout-complaints-new-target-dollar-general-policies...