Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Hardware:
• AceKard 2
• EZ Flash 3-in-1

Currently, my AceKard runs Akaio 1.7.1 and I noticed when trying to play GBA games with EZ Flash plugged in (which could be loaded normally) that the savefiles got deleted upon turning off the DS. I tried to rectify this by installing GBA Exploader and I'm left with two questions.

A) How do get the .GBA file to play through GBA Exploader? I heard it was also possible to upload it to your EZ Flash, making your DS identify it as if it were the GBA game itself through start-up.
B) Where are the .SAV files of these saves located? Is there any possibility of these being erased if I remove the .GBA file from my EZ Flash's RAM?

Thanks in advance.

trumpet-205

Embrace the darkness within
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
First I'll check the battery inside 3in1. It is possible that the battery is dead, making SRAM not holding thesave data.

Second, just launch GBA Exploader. Select either PSRAM or NOT mode. Select a GBA game. Press A to load it. If you want to making your DS identify it as if it were the GBA game, load it to NOR mode. Any game loaded to PSRAM mode will be lost once you turn off your DS.

Unknown Warrior

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Hmm, to be honest I had already successfully loaded a GBA game onto EZ Flash and had played and saved with it without problems. But that was solely because I fucked around with GBA Exploader's options and I had no idea how I managed it.

That being said, where is the .SAV file located? In case I want to make a back-up.

Hakoda

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Unknown Warrior said:
Hmm, to be honest I had already successfully loaded a GBA game onto EZ Flash and had played and saved with it without problems. But that was solely because I fucked around with GBA Exploader's options and I had no idea how I managed it.

That being said, where is the .SAV file located? In case I want to make a back-up.
GBA_Save

Unknown Warrior

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Yeah, I tried copypasting the .SAV from GBA_Save and then run VBA with the .SAV but it appeared blank.

Is it possible I need to download the correct .SAV from my EZ Flash?

trumpet-205

Embrace the darkness within
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Unknown Warrior said:
Yeah, I tried copypasting the .SAV from GBA_Save and then run VBA with the .SAV but it appeared blank.

Is it possible I need to download the correct .SAV from my EZ Flash?
.sav used by 3in1 and .sav used by VBA are different format.

You must convert them if you want to use it on other.

Unknown Warrior

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Alright, thanks so far.

Anyway, I'm experiencing another problem. How do I convert the 3in1 .sav file to a .sav that can be read by either VBA or No$GBA (preferably No$GBA). Also, in reverse, how can I convert a VBA/No$GBA .sav file to a .sav file that can be read by 3in1?

Thanks in advance, again.

Unknown Warrior

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Oh. Is there a .sav converter program, perhaps?

Nevermind: I found out I wrote from my 3in1 to .sav state in PSRAM mode rather than NOR mode. It works fine for both programs now! Cheers.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @SylverReZ, @AncientBoi my condolences to both of you +2