Country
Brazil

TeamScriptKiddies

Licensed Nintendo (indie) Game Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is the connection that goes into the GBA clone itself just like a standard micro/mini usb connector or is it some funky proprietary connection? If its just one of the standard connections, you can just use any old usb cord with a connection that fits properly. No need to build your own cable lol

OrGoN3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is the connection that goes into the GBA clone itself just like a standard micro/mini usb connector or is it some funky proprietary connection? If its just one of the standard connections, you can just use any old usb cord with a connection that fits properly. No need to build your own cable lol

He said it's a clone so it's probably the Nintendo proprietary connector. Nintendo doesn't use standards.

TeamScriptKiddies

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
those b*******s lol. If the connection is identical to a normal GBA SP you could turn around and just buy a cheap GBA SP usb cable off Ebay or something and use that.

aldighieri

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
those b*******s lol. If the connection is identical to a normal GBA SP you could turn around and just buy a cheap GBA SP usb cable off Ebay or something and use that.
Thats use the normal gba plug, but its have a usb interface, some others fake/clone gba used to have a usb cable i just need to know the pinout. The usb cables on ebay are just to charge. :/

aldighieri

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Thanks for all help, i did it by myself! :D

Here is the pinout for this version os GBA clone, from Tinydeal.

gba_usb_zpsbfac6109.jpg

aldighieri

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Congrats dude! I'm glad you got it all sorted out :)

Thanks, now the problem is that i can acess just 199mb from the 2gb memory, the ¨system¨ files are probably hide, but disk manager dont show any hide partition, do you some way to show all 2gb files?

I know its have 2gb because its have a 2gb chip soldered on board, hehe.

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
Can we get pictures of the GBA? I have no clue what GBA clone you are talking about. The only reliable one I know of is the Revo 101. I never heard of using a USB cable on a standard GBA, beyond charging the battery.

TeamScriptKiddies

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks, now the problem is that i can acess just 199mb from the 2gb memory, the ¨system¨ files are probably hide, but disk manager dont show any hide partition, do you some way to show all 2gb files?

I know its have 2gb because its have a 2gb chip soldered on board, hehe.

Where its a clone it might not actually be 2gb like the dealer claims. This often happens when buying clones etc. If you're familiar with linux at all, you could try viewing the additional partitions (if they're there and just hidden) under your favorite flavor of linux as that can often see much more then what windows will show you.

aldighieri

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Where its a clone it might not actually be 2gb like the dealer claims. This often happens when buying clones etc. If you're familiar with linux at all, you could try viewing the additional partitions (if they're there and just hidden) under your favorite flavor of linux as that can often see much more then what windows will show you.

I think its have 2gb because of the chip on the board, look the picture i take

20140714_172416_zpsfb5b5486.jpg

20140714_171849_zps3819d211.jpg

For sure this thing have a 2gb nand, but i can just acess 199mb, i read that some others GBASP Clone have 2gb, but they can acess the system files too, mine can see just games...

aldighieri

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Can we get pictures of the GBA? I have no clue what GBA clone you are talking about. The only reliable one I know of is the Revo 101. I never heard of using a USB cable on a standard GBA, beyond charging the battery.

You can see the pics on the link for Tinydeal, first post.. :)

qstot

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm sorry to resurrect an old post! I have a GBA SP clone like this too! I just build a data cable, though with a link cable, not a charger, and I still can't get into USB mode. I saw that you built yours with a charger cable, though I'm missing two other pins on my cable (my charger cable just has a positive and a negative). How did you get those other connections on the charger cable?

aldighieri

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I'm sorry to resurrect an old post! I have a GBA SP clone like this too! I just build a data cable, though with a link cable, not a charger, and I still can't get into USB mode. I saw that you built yours with a charger cable, though I'm missing two other pins on my cable (my charger cable just has a positive and a negative). How did you get those other connections on the charger cable?

Hello, i glued some solder on the missing slot, than from the back of the plug i found the solder and put 2 more cables, you can try to use some alumini paper to make the other 2 contacts and put the cables from the back os the plug. Idk if you understand, if not i can try to take a picture.

Reactions: TeamScriptKiddies

azublazer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, thank makes perfect sense. Thanks for responding! I'll try this myself.

Hello, i glued some solder on the missing slot, than from the back of the plug i found the solder and put 2 more cables, you can try to use some alumini paper to make the other 2 contacts and put the cables from the back os the plug. Idk if you understand, if not i can try to take a picture.

You guys have got to help me out here. I have the same clone as you guys, opened it up and everything. I have no experience with making my own data cable though. Think you could type out a quick and easy tutorial to get me on the right track?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    ubisoft should #stopkillinggames ngl
  • Badcatalex @ Badcatalex:
    sony should #stopkillinggames
  • Badcatalex @ Badcatalex:
    they killed LittleBigPlanet online, which was the main core of every LBP game
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    for real
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    at least with them, it was because of the DDOS attacks, ubisoft was just scummy
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    fuck ubisoft, and fuck activision
    +1
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    Nintendo needs to release a new console, switch is getting such shitty little games lately lol it's pathetic
  • Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart:
    Lmao a new flashcart... The Unlock Switch... I knew it's not fake xD
    +1
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    A new consoles won't solve that problem
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    It will actually make it worse
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    well actually
    a new console won't do anything right now, because the games are still in development, that's why there are few games being released
    it won't make the games finish any faster
  • Veho @ Veho:
    2/3rds of launch titles for the Switch 2 will just be lazy ports of Switch games anyway.
    probably
    maybe mario kart 9 will be a launch title
    i really want a new mario kart
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What, you mean the endless stream of DLCs doesn't count?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Why develop a new game when you can just sell season passes forever?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I'm still on MKDS so I'm not bothered :tpi:
    i like the dlc tbh, i'd like a new game more
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    but the current version is still selling fine at full price
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Hello
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    sup
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: sup